+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed Work Permit Location Restriction

prince2019

Apr 3, 2019
Hi
I recently received a LMIA exempt closed work permit from Nova scotia. My company is currently in Halifax and I am currently WFH in Halifax.
My company now wants me to move to Toronto as per business requirement.

1. Can I continue to work from Toronto on the same work permit. Did anyone had this scenario previously.
2. When I apply for PR, can I apply from Nova Scotia or Ontario or Both.
3. Can I apply for PNP's of Ontario or Nova Scotia.

Thank you in advance for your reply

prince2019

Apr 3, 2019
Since I am working remotely, does it really matter for the WP as to which location I am working from.
The Work permit has a condition "Not Authorized to work in any location other than stated".
There is also a contradictory Remark- "Authorized to work at Company and Client Sites across Canada."

Can I apply for a Nova Scotia PNP now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Since I am working remotely, does it really matter for the WP as to which location I am working from.
The Work permit has a condition "Not Authorized to work in any location other than stated".
There is also a contradictory Remark- "Authorized to work at Company and Client Sites across Canada."

Can I apply for a Nova Scotia PNP now.
What is the location on your permit? If your company has an office or client site in Nova Scotia then yes. So you are not authorized to work in any other location.

Last edited:
Reactions: prince2019

prince2019

Apr 3, 2019
Hi
Thank you for response
My Work Permit is from Nova Scotia and has below conditions and remarks:

If I move residence to another province (eg: Ontario) how will it impact my prospect to apply PR in Nova scotia. Either province I will be WFH, but will be travelling for work purpose.
Will I be able to apply for Nova Scotia Experience PNP.
Thank you for any suggestions