+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed Work Permit from Quebec to Alberta

atefbouss

Jun 26, 2023
Please I'm working in Quebec under a closed work permit with LMIA since 3 months. I have an employer in Alberta who is ready to do for me an employment offer under French mobility LMIA exempt. Please can I Apply for a new permit with the new employer and switch to Alberta when approved or I can't. My current work permit in Quebec is for 3 years.
Thank you for your help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please I'm working in Quebec under a closed work permit with LMIA since 3 months. I have an employer in Alberta who is ready to do for me an employment offer under French mobility LMIA exempt. Please can I Apply for a new permit with the new employer and switch to Alberta when approved or I can't. My current work permit in Quebec is for 3 years.
Thank you for your help
You can certainly try if this is a genuine employment opportunity that requires French. Do not leave your Quebec employment until you know you have another WP.

Reactions: atefbouss

atefbouss

Jun 26, 2023
You can certainly try if this is a genuine employment opportunity that requires French. Do not leave your Quebec employment until you know you have another WP.
Thanks a lot. Please last question. If the new application was for example rejected can continue working with the old employer or the old work permit will be canceled?
Thanks