+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarifications on CRS - Arranged Employment / LMIA

Chandra1

Nov 13, 2020
Hello folks,

I am on closed work permit (Skill A) . My LMIA was issued on Jan2021 and was valid till Aug2021. My Work permit is valid till Feb2023.I have NOT changed job. My employers are ready to give me new offer letter (with note that I would be employed 1 year from PR)

My Question is:
When my employers are extending the new offer to me, do they need a new LMIA ?

As per below link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html
"if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR"

I satisfy this condition, I am on NOC "A" and WP was issued on LMIA, currently working with same employer listed on WP.
I am authorized to work in Canada (till Feb2023) as I have WP till then
Current employer made an offer.

I do not think they need a new LMIA (at least till my WP is valid). Does anyone think otherwise?

Thanks in advance!!

Chandra1

Nov 13, 2020
Hello folks,

I am on closed work permit (Skill A) . My LMIA was issued on Jan2021 and was valid till Aug2021. My Work permit is valid till Feb2023.I have NOT changed job. My employers are ready to give me new offer letter (with note that I would be employed 1 year from PR)

My Question is:
When my employers are extending the new offer to me, do they need a new LMIA ?

As per below link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html
"if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR"

I satisfy this condition, I am on NOC "A" and WP was issued on LMIA, currently working with same employer listed on WP.
I am authorized to work in Canada (till Feb2023) as I have WP till then
Current employer made an offer.

I do not think they need a new LMIA (at least till my WP is valid). Does anyone think otherwise?

Thanks in advance!!
Anyone ?

pw0032239

Oct 24, 2021
if you are working on same work permit which was issued because of valid lmia you can claim 50 points and no need to renew lmia