+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarifications needed in Express Entry Profile Creation

sri17

Mar 17, 2017
Hi all - I am in Canada working on Closed Work permit since last year and have worked in IT for more than 10 years across the globe. Based on this, could anyone please let me know what should be the response to following questions ?

1.Does <<FirstName LastName>> have a job offer In Canada ?

The offer must:
  • be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.

2.Should the date of 1st employment be entered here after graduating ?
Date <<FirstName LastName>> first became qualified to practice in this occupation

If the "primary occupation" is:
  • a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
  • any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all - I am in Canada working on Closed Work permit since last year and have worked in IT for more than 10 years across the globe. Based on this, could anyone please let me know what should be the response to following questions ?

1.Does <<FirstName LastName>> have a job offer In Canada ?

The offer must:
  • be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.

2.Should the date of 1st employment be entered here after graduating ?
Date <<FirstName LastName>> first became qualified to practice in this occupation

If the "primary occupation" is:
  • a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
  • any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)
What kind of closed work permit do you hold? Is it LMIA exempt like an ICT? Or an LMIA based work permit? When did you first start working in Canada?

sri17

Mar 17, 2017
What kind of closed work permit do you hold? Is it LMIA exempt like an ICT? Or an LMIA based work permit? When did you first start working in Canada?
It is LMIA exempt like ICT and working in Canada since Nov '20

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It is LMIA exempt like ICT and working in Canada since Nov '20
In that case the answer to the job offer question is "no".

You must work in Canada for a full year for your employer under an ICT before you can claim job offer points.