+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

clarifications about filling out B4 & B4A (goods accompanying & goods to follow)

proxy

Dec 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I am about to fill out these forms and have some questions. Found the right forms thanks to PMM :)

Let me know if I'm wrong about the following:

1) For GOODS ACCOMPANYING, I must use B4A (needs to be hand-written, as it is not allowing to type inside the form.

2) I must print and fill out 2 copies of "goods to follow" list on B4A form (and also 2 copies of the goods accompanying list). I will have this at the airport with me.

3) For GOODS TO FOLLOW , I must first fill out form B4-eng.pdf (allows typing in, but there is only space for 8 items, this is not enough. So, I must write the rest of the items on additional B4A forms.). I must put a checkmark on "SETTLER" on the form.

Some of my questions are:
a) is there a fillable b4a form available anywhere? so i don't have to hand-write it?
b) what does "Conveyances" mean? (there are 3 such items on b4)
c) I'm planning on importing our bedroom set a month after I land, and then import 2nd and 3rd bedroom a year or two after. How would I list that on the goods to follow?

Item1 Bedroom set #1
Item2 Bedroom set #2
Item3 Bedroom set #3

or do I need to put in details:

Item 1: Bedroom set #1 (bed, mirror, 2x nightstands, 2x dresser etc)
Item 2: Bedroom set #2 (bed, nightstand, dresser etc)

??? how much detail do we include on this form ???

d) Value of goods. How do you guess these? let's say a new bedroom set is $5k, but after a few years use, i guess its $2k ? ... is there any benefit/disadvantage to under/over estimating the value of goods?

I would appreciate if someone could clarify these questions for me.

thanks in advance.

priya86

Star Member
Jan 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2008
Nomination.....
27-11-2009 <br>Sent to CIC.....: 20-01-2010<br>MO Cashed.....: 28-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-05-2010
Med's Request
26-05-2010
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2010
You can find fillable B4A form here.

http://www.sasnuke.com/form/b4a.pdf
:)

imatwkrp

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-21-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-05-2013
Med's Done....
06-13-2013
Passport Req..
10-03-2013 (copies only; visa-exempt)
LANDED..........
11-09-2013
When it comes to itemizing your goods, it is my understanding that Yes, you must provide details, but you need only provide honest used prices to the best of your knowledge. You also do not need to hand-write only on the form. Instead, you can fill out the form and then provide your own typed list as a supplement to the form. Most of us have more "goods to follow" than could ever fit on the form and provide supplementary typed pages of our own making.

Mine is a spreadsheet in Excel which lists each box, what it contains, and what the items are worth. The first things I packed were books, which were much easier, because I needed only to type:

Box #1, 23 books, used, $38.50

(I based the number on the rate the same books were listed, used, on amazon or half.com)

On boxes containing many different things, I had to type more, but also felt freer to estimate my own prices, such as what I would ask for my goods in a yard sale or a private sale to a neighbor, and wrote an entry that said, for example:

Box #26, Clothes (K): 4 wool skirts, 3 pullovers, 2 blazers, 1 trousers, 1 cardigan ; $55

Do you see what I'm saying? Hope this answer helps!