+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on Offer Letter

shiv.nkumar

May 7, 2018
Hi
I came to Canada through an employer specific work permit (Closed work permit). At present I am still working in Canada through the same employer. Now I am about to create a profile in CIC for PR.

I have a question related to claiming 50 points for arrangement of offer letter

I have an offer/assignment letter from the same employer with an end date as 30th July 2019. however it has mentioned in the offer as temporary assignment and end date of assignment as 30th July 2019

I would need you help on can I claim 50 points while creating my profile. Do I need to Select Yes or No for this option?

Thanks in advance for your inputs
Siva

Last edited:

shiv.nkumar

May 7, 2018
my nature employment is exempted from LMIA. I have come to Canada through intra company transfer. In this case what I need to do?

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
my nature employment is exempted from LMIA. I have come to Canada through intra company transfer. In this case what I need to do?
Hi @shiv.nkumar,

If your work permit is exempt from LMIA, then you are eligible to claim the additional 50 points for "1 year job offer from employer post PR", in EE program.

However, i would like to remind you few things about- what will you need as a proof, in order to claim the Job Offer related "additional 50 points".
Your employer offer letter should say -
  • Your assignment is more than 12 months approx. from the time when immigration officer reviews your application or
  • You will be provided employment for 1 year post your PR approval.
Check with your employer, if he is willing to provide you an offer letter with the information as mentioned above. Most of the Canada employers do not provide their employees an employment letter with 1 year offer (rather they would provide a standard letter with limited information); hence claiming the additional 50 points becomes challenging for most of the folks.
Leave a reply, if you require any more info.

shiv.nkumar

May 7, 2018
Hi @shiv.nkumar,

If your work permit is exempt from LMIA, then you are eligible to claim the additional 50 points for "1 year job offer from employer post PR", in EE program.

However, i would like to remind you few things about- what will you need as a proof, in order to claim the Job Offer related "additional 50 points".
Your employer offer letter should say -
  • Your assignment is more than 12 months approx. from the time when immigration officer reviews your application or
  • You will be provided employment for 1 year post your PR approval.
Check with your employer, if he is willing to provide you an offer letter with the information as mentioned above. Most of the Canada employers do not provide their employees an employment letter with 1 year offer (rather they would provide a standard letter with limited information); hence claiming the additional 50 points becomes challenging for most of the folks.
Leave a reply, if you require any more info.
Thanks for your reply. I have already got an offer letter as a temporary assignment up to 30th July 2019. I have a question here related wording (i.e. temporary assignment) within letter. is it ok, if I claim now for those 50 points now?

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Thanks for your reply. I have already got an offer letter as a temporary assignment up to 30th July 2019. I have a question here related wording (i.e. temporary assignment) within letter. is it ok, if I claim now for those 50 points now?
Even if it is a temporary assignment, its fine; the condition is- it should be >12 months when immigration officer reviews your application. Consider the TAT- for your ITA, docs submission, medicals and later comes the employment and job offer verification. during this time, when immigration officer reviews your offer letter - your assignment validity should be more than 12 months.

Also please give this webpage a read through- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=695&top=29. Your job should satisfy all the criteria mentioned in the CIC "Job Offer" web page
And If your Employment - offer letter lists all the required details mentioned in the above URL, then you are eligible for the "Additional job offer 50 points".