+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on Master Stream ONIP process

ginnig

Nov 5, 2017
My spouse is primary candidate who did completed her Master's in University of Windsor in August 2023 (Stayed in Windsor Ontario from May 2022 to August 2023). She is India since August 2023 until now due to maternity leaves. She doesn't hold a job offer. She will be returning back to Canada in October 2024. She currently holds PGWP valid for 3 years from July 2024.

Being said that few clarifications that we require are:
1. Can she apply for a Master Stream ONIP without a Job offer. If yes, how much funds should she produce as a certificate considering myself and kid accompanying her. And can the bank certicate with balance be a onetime credit to bank or should she produce any bank statements to show the maturity of the funds?
2. How much time does she have or before which month and year should she apply/submit a ONIP application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My spouse is primary candidate who did completed her Master's in University of Windsor in August 2023 (Stayed in Windsor Ontario from May 2022 to August 2023). She is India since August 2023 until now due to maternity leaves. She doesn't hold a job offer. She will be returning back to Canada in October 2024. She currently holds PGWP valid for 3 years from July 2024.

Being said that few clarifications that we require are:
1. Can she apply for a Master Stream ONIP without a Job offer. If yes, how much funds should she produce as a certificate considering myself and kid accompanying her. And can the bank certicate with balance be a onetime credit to bank or should she produce any bank statements to show the maturity of the funds?
2. How much time does she have or before which month and year should she apply/submit a ONIP application?
If you have even read the OINP Masters requirements on the OINP site, you would know the answers to your questions.

ginnig

Nov 5, 2017
If you have even read the OINP Masters requirements on the OINP site, you would know the answers to your questions.
Hi, thanks for the response.

Yea i went through the website and have referred the points. I understand she should be able apply without a job offer. But two questions remains as a clarification:
1. Regarding proof of funds since she doesn’t have a job - can the bank certicate with balance be a onetime credit to bank or should she produce any bank statements to show the maturity of the funds?
2. How much time does she have or before which month and year should she apply/submit a ONIP application considering the dates explained in initial thread - meaning if she travels on October and resume the stay in Canada, will she have time until August 2025 to apply for ONIP or should we understand that Aug 2024 would be her deadline to apply. Please clarify.

ginnig

Nov 5, 2017

Yea i went through the website and have referred the points. I understand she should be able apply without a job offer. But two questions remains as a clarification:
1. Regarding proof of funds since she doesn’t have a job - can the bank certicate with balance be a onetime credit to bank or should she produce any bank statements to show the maturity of the funds?
2. How much time does she have or before which month and year should she apply/submit a ONIP application considering the dates explained in initial thread - meaning if she travels on October and resume the stay in Canada, will she have time until August 2025 to apply for ONIP or should we understand that Aug 2024 would be her deadline to apply. Please clarify.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

1. She should provide an actual bank statement
2. She needs to submit her actual application before two years has passed from her graduation date. This is not the same as registering EOI and receiving ITA. The actual application needs to be received within two years.