+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on experience

Omer Terino

Jul 17, 2018
Hi, I need guidance as I need to know that for express entry we get maximum points for experience (outside canada) which should be three or more years in last ten years, in this perspective would it matter if out of those three years we have nil experience in the last five years.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi, I need guidance as I need to know that for express entry we get maximum points for experience (outside canada) which should be three or more years in last ten years, in this perspective would it matter if out of those three years we have nil experience in the last five years.
No doesn't matter as long as you have minimum one year continuous paid work experience in NOC type 0, A or B and you can submit experience letter according to the requirements to support it. Also if you can submit pay slips additionally it will do only good to your application. Please check the following link to know the required information you need to have in various required documents. Check specially letter requirements of Proof of Experience, Proof of Fund and PCC.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html