+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification about immediate family members

mmsalman

Jul 13, 2017
We received the ITA earlier. When I say "we", I mean myself, my wife and my 3 years old son. Whilst completing our profiles, I came across the following question:

Please tell us about XXX's immediate family members that have not been identified in the application. This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.

I understand that I do not enter my own, my wife's or my son's details for each one of us as we are already "identified in the application". For example, when entering this for my son, I should just leave it blank as he is the only child and both his parents are part of the application. Similarly, for my wife, I wouldn't enter my own or my son's details. Finally, for myself, I would not enter my wife's or my son's details.

Is this correct? Or do you recommend I enter the details just to be on the safe side?

Thanks.

amitraj275

May 18, 2018
We received the ITA earlier. When I say "we", I mean myself, my wife and my 3 years old son. Whilst completing our profiles, I came across the following question:

Please tell us about XXX's immediate family members that have not been identified in the application. This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.

I understand that I do not enter my own, my wife's or my son's details for each one of us as we are already "identified in the application". For example, when entering this for my son, I should just leave it blank as he is the only child and both his parents are part of the application. Similarly, for my wife, I wouldn't enter my own or my son's details. Finally, for myself, I would not enter my wife's or my son's details.

Is this correct? Or do you recommend I enter the details just to be on the safe side?

Thanks.

I have the same question, Please help..

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
did you get answer for these questions? in same situation.
My understanding is the same as OP. I did not enter any immediate family details for our child. For myself and spouse I entered our parents and siblings.

RARUETEV

Jul 23, 2019

Thanks.

Thanks.
Hey ! I have the same question. Could you please tell me what you did for this and was your PR application successful?

abj@canada

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
did you get answer for these questions? in same situation.
@rv85 did you get the answer for this question? I see many have questioned but no one has posted answer.
please tell me how you have handle this question. thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

abj@canada

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
My understanding is the same as OP. I did not enter any immediate family details for our child. For myself and spouse I entered our parents and siblings.
@Shahanastar, can we leave this question blank on the web form? I think no, as it is showing incomplete. Could you please help with this question again? I will really appreciate your quick help.

abj@canada

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Hey ! I have the same question. Could you please tell me what you did for this and was your PR application successful?
@RARUETEV , how did you manage this question finally for your child? I have received ITA and kind of stuck with this question and not able to move forward. Your quick help will be appreciated.

Steven dumont

Apr 28, 2020
Can My Thai wife come to Canada with meAt this time she has a valid the one visa in her passport which is valid in 2024 we have been married two years and I am a Canadian citizen thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can My Thai wife come to Canada with meAt this time she has a valid the one visa in her passport which is valid in 2024 we have been married two years and I am a Canadian citizen thank you
Unfortunately it's not possible to answer this question because we have seen people have mixed experiences. The short answer is that she should be but it is not guaranteed. You will have to try and see what happens.

Right now Canada is closed to all but essential travel. Individuals who are married to a Canadian citizen and hold a TRV are supposed to be exempt from the travel ban if they can show their purposes for traveling to Canada are essential. So you will want to demonstrate that your wife is traveling for essential reasons.

RARUETEV

Jul 23, 2019
what is the solution ? can you please let me know
Yes for this question, you need to enter information about those family members who are not identified in your application.
For example, I have my family identified in my application already ie., my spouse, my kids were identified in the application already, so in this section, you need to give details about your father, mother, brother , sister etc. Hope I cleared your doubt.

RARUETEV

Jul 23, 2019
@RARUETEV , how did you manage this question finally for your child? I have received ITA and kind of stuck with this question and not able to move forward. Your quick help will be appreciated.
Yes for this question, you need to enter information about those family members who are not identified in your application.
For example, I have my family identified in my application already ie., my spouse, my kids were identified in the application already, so in this section, you need to give details about your father, mother, brother , sister etc. Hope I cleared your doubt.