+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming points from lmia requirements

Mar 2, 2024
I have been working as truck drivers under noc 73300 since june 2023 but before that i was working as retail manager from oct 2021 , will I be able to claim the 50 points under this LMIA right away or do I need to wait till June to accept any ITA.I am on PGWP at the moment as my employer is ready to provide me a LMIA for PR support , is just a lmia with a name on it is enough for me to add 50 points or what specifications should I check on LMIA documents to claim that 50 points. I am just confused whether I will be able to claim 50 points before june 2024 means before completing one year of trucking experience or still need to wait till june 2024 to accept any ITA either in CEC or FSW,As I have a profile in pool currently and according to it I met the requirements for CEC but Not met under FSW, Can u please clear my doubt that I will be to claim 50 points under supporting Lmia under CEC category and be eligible to accept ITA before june 2024( before completing one year).Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have been working as truck drivers under noc 73300 since june 2023 but before that i was working as retail manager from oct 2021 , will I be able to claim the 50 points under this LMIA right away or do I need to wait till June to accept any ITA.I am on PGWP at the moment as my employer is ready to provide me a LMIA for PR support , is just a lmia with a name on it is enough for me to add 50 points or what specifications should I check on LMIA documents to claim that 50 points. I am just confused whether I will be able to claim 50 points before june 2024 means before completing one year of trucking experience or still need to wait till june 2024 to accept any ITA either in CEC or FSW,As I have a profile in pool currently and according to it I met the requirements for CEC but Not met under FSW, Can u please clear my doubt that I will be to claim 50 points under supporting Lmia under CEC category and be eligible to accept ITA before june 2024( before completing one year).Thanks
If you don’t have LMIA, you cannot claim points. Once you have LMIA you can count the points.

Mar 2, 2024
If you don’t have LMIA, you cannot claim points. Once you have LMIA you can count the points.
Yes,my current trucking is ready to provide me LMIA today with my name on it but I have been working only for 9 months with trucking company do i need for another 3 months to claim those LMIA 50 points or i can claim it as soon the same day , even i have a previous experience of full time retail manager of 15 months,so confused is still i need to have one year of trucking experience or claim it right now.