+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming for refugee (US border)

dido123

Dec 27, 2014
Hi.
I lost my residency obligation from about 2 months and i left canada before 1 month notice.
Im now in USA and cant come back to my home country due to a political fear.
I have a son in canada as a PR.so can i come to canada and claim for refugee from us land border since i read that if i have a family exception .
I need an answer from you please.thanks

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Unless you have evidence to support your claim and having had your PR revoked, I suspect it will be extremely difficult to have your refugee claim approved. Political fear isn't evidence. You seem to have a history of travelling to your home country a lot and for extended periods. What changed?

dido123

Dec 27, 2014
I have too much documents.my question is not if my claim approved.but my question is do i have the right to claim for a refugee on the border?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your son has PR status, why not try Family stream instead where he will sponsor you?

dido123

Dec 27, 2014
I cant do this now since this will take time and in stayiing in US waiting for nothing and spending money and i cant come back to my country.So for now, i need to go to CAnada through US border, can u apply for refugee claim and enter canada and wait in canada for the decision.l een if my PR status was revoked from 1 month? Thanks

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless you have really strong proofs on your hand, you cannot really claim refuge in Canada. Assumptions alone are not enough.

dido123

Dec 27, 2014
Yes i have proof and dcouments.but my main question.if my pr is revoked from 1 month and i went to us and come back.do i have the right to apply for if i have a sin in canada as a pr.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dido123 said:
Yes i have proof and dcouments.but my main question.if my pr is revoked from 1 month and i went to us and come back.do i have the right to apply for if i have a sin in canada as a pr.
SIN itself will not give you right to return, that is only given by certain types of visas, PR or citizenship.

Your situation is not known at the moment.
Why exactly was your PR revoked? How come you can stay in USA legaly? At the time that you were leaving, were the facts in your country already known?
Which country are we speaking about?
Which are the facts proving your right for refugee claim?
What is yours and your son recent travelling history specially when it comes to your country.

All that can make things rather difficult for you.