Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-04-2014
i show them the emails i have sent to the job offers from job bank and replies from those who gave me an appointment

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
jhoombarabar said:
How did you prove that you were actively looking for a job? Did you have to provide em with any documents?
They will ask you to submit details of ur job search....like where u applied, how u make ur resume email copy etc etc

nandoU

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
Cruiser55 said:
I have this urgent issue that I need your help with.

I am on a closed work permit until September 2014, I was laid off from work in March 2013 and I only applied for EI in June 2013, as my employer misinformed me that I can only apply for my EI after I receive my ROE (Record Of Employment) and since my discussions with regards to my lay off lasted a few months I was not given the ROE.

Anyways, I applied for EI in June 2013 and yesterday (July 18,2013), I was sent a letter stating that my EI has been REFUSED and the reason mentioned on this letter was "We are unable to pay you Employment Insurance benefits. Your employment authorization restricts you to working only for "my company's name" while in Canada. Because you are not allowed to work for any other employer, you are not considered available for work."

Now, I am in a severe dilemma as I can't find an employment because of the LMO issue and also, even though I have paid religiously into the EI system and all my hours of work are in perfect order, they have refused me of this benefit, when I desperately need this money.

Now, I have my rent to pay, the car insurance, i am so stressed that I don't know what to do. I was really looking forward to this money.

They have mentioned in the letter that i can appeal this decision within 30 days.

I need your help on what I should do. I am extremely stressed and cannot think right.
I spoke to a few EI agents on the phone, but they were very rude and dismissed me right away, they did not even empathize with me or my situation.

Is there anyone of you who was in my situation and yet got their EI in the last few months?

Please help.
Should have waited for an AOR, or even better, for open work permit....CEC allows to to do that.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Even if he gets his AOR today, he can't apply for a bridging open work permit(BOWP) because the current work permit expires September 2014 and to apply, your permit has to be expiring within 4 months. The earliest he can apply for BOWP is sometime after May 2014.

You have to apply for EI asap if you want to be receiving it sooner.

nandoU said:
Should have waited for an AOR, or even better, for open work permit....CEC allows to to do that.

nandoU

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
SenoritaBella said:
Even if he gets his AOR today, he can't apply for a bridging open work permit(BOWP) because the current work permit expires September 2014 and to apply, your permit has to be expiring within 4 months. The earliest he can apply for BOWP is sometime after May 2014.

You have to apply for EI asap if you want to be receiving it sooner.
Ppl in these forums told me that there are countless of cases were they applied outside the 4-months period, one just has to write a letter explaining. An officer would take into account having a valid Work Permit that entitles to remain in Canada but alse being layoff.

VanG

Aug 10, 2013
Paul_C said:
Wondered if anyone knows the answer or who has experience in this area...

If you have an application in for CEC PR, do you think claiming employment insurance (EI) would affect your application whilst it is being processed?

It is obviously not worth jeopardising the application.. but are they related? Would a case office have this information available?

You wouldn't want them to think you can't get a job in Canada, otherwise why grant someone PR..

Thoughts?

Has anyone any further info on this for a CIC PR application via PNP? If your PR application is being processed based on you having a job, the can claiming EI impact your application? Can CIC find out you are claiming EI & how is it viewed?

bmm651

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
They don't look at your current employment status for CEC; it only matters that you qualify when you initially apply. After you have applied, you can quit your job and it still doesn't affect your app.

Claiming EI won't affect your app at all. You are fully entitled to claim EI if you need to, so don't worry about that.
LET ME KNOW IF CLAIMED FOR EI AND U GOT PR TOO

p.sejal17

Aug 17, 2019
I am currently receiving EI and my application process is going on fine . I am done with medical waiting for the passport request .
Hey, How do we have to mention about receiving EI BENEFITS in PR application. I'm about to submit it. Please help.