+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claiming 50 points for MELT?

jeetag

Sep 28, 2023
Hey guys, just need your input on this:
Here's a little context:

I originally had a score of 476. As the IRCC recently included Truck drivers 73300 into skilled trades/ COQ, so I claimed 50 points for MELT ( Although I am working in a different NOC)
Thus, score reaching out to 526. I received an ITA a couple days ago. Now am in a dilemma as most consultants are advising against the motion of claiming 50 points for MELT, whereas some are advising to go forward with the application.
Second, I'll complete my 2 years of work experience in December, my points will be increasing to 489.

Should I go ahead with this ITA or decline it to be on a safe side and just wait endlessly, hoping the draws to come down.

sam00073

Oct 5, 2023
Hey guys, just need your input on this:
Here's a little context:

I originally had a score of 476. As the IRCC recently included Truck drivers 73300 into skilled trades/ COQ, so I claimed 50 points for MELT ( Although I am working in a different NOC)
Thus, score reaching out to 526. I received an ITA a couple days ago. Now am in a dilemma as most consultants are advising against the motion of claiming 50 points for MELT, whereas some are advising to go forward with the application.
Second, I'll complete my 2 years of work experience in December, my points will be increasing to 489.

Should I go ahead with this ITA or decline it to be on a safe side and just wait endlessly, hoping the draws to come down.
Could YOU please explain me how you applied for points ?