+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claim 50 points Arranged employer

atefbouss

Jun 26, 2023
Please I'm on closed work permit LMIA exempt: french mobility
1- I have worked for the employer A for one year and half (18 months)
2- I changed employer with a new work permit LMIA exempt (same NOC) for an employer B and now I have only 6 months.
3- I have a new job offer from the first employer A for a permanent position after PR.
I still cannot get 50 points for the job offer even I have worked with employer A for 18 month, because a question that asked "has X been for the employer on your work permit for at least one year..."
I there a solution Please or may be I filled express entry in a wrong way?
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
2- I changed employer with a new work permit LMIA exempt (same NOC) for an employer B and now I have only 6 months.
3- I have a new job offer from the first employer A for a permanent position after PR.
I still cannot get 50 points for the job offer even I have worked with employer A for 18 month, because a question that asked "has X been for the employer on your work permit for at least one year..."
Thanks
So you need a new LMIA exempt work permit from Employer A. With LMIA exemption, work a year and then count the 50 points. You should have never left Employer A in the first place. A job offer means nothing unless go through the LMIA process. You can count the 50 points if you remain with Employer B for one year, and then get the 50 points if employer offers you a job a year past PR. Employer A is not relevant.

Reactions: atefbouss

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks
No way to claim the points now. You need to wait until you have worked for employer B for another six months before you can claim the arranged employment points.

atefbouss

Jun 26, 2023
So you need a new LMIA exempt work permit from Employer A. With LMIA exemption, work a year and then count the 50 points. You should have never left Employer A in the first place. A job offer means nothing unless go through the LMIA process. You can count the 50 points if you remain with Employer B for one year, and then get the 50 points if employer offers you a job a year past PR.
Thanks. My first employer A is ready to give me a new Employer offer exemption Code. So can I answer yes to the question " has X been working for the employer on her current work permit for at least 1 year..." even if with the employer B I have only 6 month and after in the PR I give them the exemption code? if I answer YES I'll get 50 point

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks. My first employer A is ready to give me a new Employer offer exemption Code. So can I answer yes to the question " has X been working for the employer on her current work permit for at least 1 year..." even if with the employer B I have only 6 month and after in the PR I give them the exemption code? if I answer YES I'll get 50 point
Again, NO.

Your current work permit lists employer B. So this will not work.

Reactions: Naturgrl