+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship timeline - who to complain about ridiculous wait time???

waiting08

Dec 4, 2008
Hi,
Anyone else who have applied for Can citizenship around June - August and wants to share timelines?

I have applied in mid - August from Toronto and have just received an acknowledgment letter in the mail about 2 weeks ago (mid-January). So it took them about 5 months just to get to open the envelope. I've been reading a lot of posts and it seems that the processing timelines have really slowed down and are out of control. At those rates it will take them well more than the promised 12-15 months as they advertise on the CIC web-site.Any idea who to complain to?

There is a contact e-mail for the minister, but I am sure that is useless. Complaining to the local PM or representative is also suspect (I tried but they said there's little they can do once the application is in the middle of the queue). Any suggestions welcome...

Forever

Feb 1, 2009
I think it just takes that long, why would you complain about it? I am sure they are just doing the best they can.

V

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
How are you going to complain when the 12-15 months haven't passed yet?

C

cchabert

I'm waiting 8 years for a GC here in US and still waiting.

dcr919

Jul 20, 2011
waiting08 said:
Hi,
Anyone else who have applied for Can citizenship around June - August and wants to share timelines?

I have applied in mid - August from Toronto and have just received an acknowledgment letter in the mail about 2 weeks ago (mid-January). So it took them about 5 months just to get to open the envelope. I've been reading a lot of posts and it seems that the processing timelines have really slowed down and are out of control. At those rates it will take them well more than the promised 12-15 months as they advertise on the CIC web-site.Any idea who to complain to?

There is a contact e-mail for the minister, but I am sure that is useless. Complaining to the local PM or representative is also suspect (I tried but they said there's little they can do once the application is in the middle of the queue). Any suggestions welcome...

In my case: Applied April 2009; Citizenship test on November 2010; Present status: Waiting. Any idea?