+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test Reschedule HAMILTON OFFICE

sub2003

Jul 18, 2014
I am outside of Canada and I got citizenship test dated 17th July 2014. My Pr card expired and I immediately applied for Travel Document but i couldn't get it on time and I informed cic that I will not be able to attend my Test and I need to reschedule it. CIC agent told me I need to write a letter to cic with reason and proof of my absence on test day. Please let me know, if any one had such kind of issue that they have to reschedule the test, how much time do they take to reschedule it and my reason of absence ( expired PR card and PRTD not issuance on time) could be acceptable?
BTW I already got RQ and renewed PR card is also available for pick up in Hamilton office.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sub2003 said:
I am outside of Canada and I got citizenship test dated 17th July 2014. My Pr card expired and I immediately applied for Travel Document but i couldn't get it on time and I informed cic that I will not be able to attend my Test and I need to reschedule it. CIC agent told me I need to write a letter to cic with reason and proof of my absence on test day. Please let me know, if any one had such kind of issue that they have to reschedule the test, how much time do they take to reschedule it and my reason of absence ( expired PR card and PRTD not issuance on time) could be acceptable?
BTW I already got RQ and renewed PR card is also available for pick up in Hamilton office.
1. If CIC doesn't accept your reason for missing the test, then they will cancel your application. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob476B.asp

sub2003

Jul 18, 2014
PMM .. Thanks for you reply. I was not able to attend my test b/c I couldn't get my travel document on time. I am expecting that I will get it on 21st july and then I will come to canada next day and provide a letter explaining the whole issue. Do you think, this will be an acceptable reason of not attending test. I am bit confused whether they will accept it or not b/c with expired pr card and no travel document, I cant enter canada. Though I had all the intentions to come back for test.