+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test Outside Canada - Proof of Travel Upon Return

Achilles23

Oct 12, 2023
Hello all,
I got response on my email to take the Citizenship Test Outside of Canada. In response they asked to provide proof upon arrival in Canada. The exact line is "When you come back in Canada, please provide us with your proof of entry in Canada such as a copy of your plane ticket, boarding pass or passport stamp."

When should I travel to Canada? Once LPP turns green or asked to appear in an interview or oath invitation? Also does this line mean they will not schedule oath untill I am physically present in Canada?

Looking for response who faced similar situation.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
Hello all,
I got response on my email to take the Citizenship Test Outside of Canada. In response they asked to provide proof upon arrival in Canada. The exact line is "When you come back in Canada, please provide us with your proof of entry in Canada such as a copy of your plane ticket, boarding pass or passport stamp."

When should I travel to Canada? Once LPP turns green or asked to appear in an interview or oath invitation? Also does this line mean they will not schedule oath untill I am physically present in Canada?

Looking for response who faced similar situation.
someone already answered you and told you it may trigger an interview process with IRCC for which you need to be in Canada, same for oath. and you answered your own question they will not schedule oath untill you are physically present in Canada. you may get scheduled for oath while away but either you return short notice or you need to tell them that you are not in canada, you will get asked during a virtual oath and they still won't give you a new date until they get proof that you are in country. and that rescheduled oath can take months for a new date.