+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship question

bessad

Sep 22, 2024
i Im a Canadian citizen currently living in the U.S. and will soon move back to Canada with my kids born abroad and sent out the application for a citizenship certificate for them last week.

My kids are 12 and 17, with the 17 year old turning 18 next month. (I’m sure this might be the world record for last minute application). Seeing how long and various the processing times are, will there be an issue with my older becoming an adult before an approval?

I know some of you are going to get on my case about might procrastination, but up until recently, I was not able to make these kinds of decisions on their behalf. After a long and rough legal battle I am finally able to do so.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i Im a Canadian citizen currently living in the U.S. and will soon move back to Canada with my kids born abroad and sent out the application for a citizenship certificate for them last week.

My kids are 12 and 17, with the 17 year old turning 18 next month. (I’m sure this might be the world record for last minute application). Seeing how long and various the processing times are, will there be an issue with my older becoming an adult before an approval?

I know some of you are going to get on my case about might procrastination, but up until recently, I was not able to make these kinds of decisions on their behalf. After a long and rough legal battle I am finally able to do so.
No issue. Assuming you were either born in Canada or became a citizen through naturalization, your children were citizens at birth. Age is irrelevant.