+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship process delay

Nov 13, 2020
Hi everyone,
It is been two years since I have submitted my citizenship application and till date the file is still in process. I have called IRCC so many times and they don't communicate in proper way and say we will contact you back once the processing is done. Also, the agent told me that your file got sidetracked by our officer and they told me they have done their due diligence. It is now been more than two years and I have not got any communication regarding the further steps that is a test. I know COVID-19 has impacted test centers. Also, my other family members applied at same time and got their citizenship. Even people who applied after me, got their test and oath ceremony done. I am not sure what to do. Does anyone has suggestions. Is anyone in the same boat.

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Hi everyone,
It is been two years since I have submitted my citizenship application and till date the file is still in process. I have called IRCC so many times and they don't communicate in proper way and say we will contact you back once the processing is done. Also, the agent told me that your file got sidetracked by our officer and they told me they have done their due diligence. It is now been more than two years and I have not got any communication regarding the further steps that is a test. I know COVID-19 has impacted test centers. Also, my other family members applied at same time and got their citizenship. Even people who applied after me, got their test and oath ceremony done. I am not sure what to do. Does anyone has suggestions. Is anyone in the same boat.
Go to Federal Court and file mandamus application. You would need a good lawyer for that. I can recommend the following law firm in Toronto:

Mario D. Bellissimo
Bellissimo Law Group