+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview Questions

Aurora21

Aug 6, 2021
Hi everyone,

I passed the citizenship test in July 2022 and now I've received invitation to an online interview. Any idea on how it works, the questions and what documents they're gonna need from me?
Appreciate any ideas,

Reactions: onkar112

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018
Hi everyone,

I passed the citizenship test in July 2022 and now I've received invitation to an online interview. Any idea on how it works, the questions and what documents they're gonna need from me?
Appreciate any ideas,
they want to see your passport(s) and drivers licence. I was surprised coz they wanted to see blank pages from my passports. I guess they wanted to check if I understand English . they also asked me if I work and that the oath invitation will be sent to me within 4 months but they are dealing with the as quickly as possible;

Aurora21

Aug 6, 2021
they want to see your passport(s) and drivers licence. I was surprised coz they wanted to see blank pages from my passports. I guess they wanted to check if I understand English . they also asked me if I work and that the oath invitation will be sent to me within 4 months but they are dealing with the as quickly as possible;
Thanks for the reply.
Do you know if it is a normal step you think or should I be concerned?

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
wow still 4 months...i think u will get it sooner

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
You can read more here
Prepare for the citizenship test and interview

With IRCC you literally never know what they will do lol but basically, anyone who is 18-54 can be called In for an interview, and they will ask you anything most likey random questions to see if you understand and can speak EN or FR, they might just have a random conversation with you. and then send you on your way. nothing to be worried about for sure.

Good Luck

Reactions: Aurora21

Aurora21

Aug 6, 2021
wow still 4 months...i think u will get it sooner
Hi Onkar112,
I see that you've been "Requested to Submit Scanned Copy of all pages of Passport" right after the test. Have you been invited for an interview as well? I've passed the test in July but received the request for the scans and the interview today. Everyone I know went from the test to the ceremony straight, no interviews.

Aurora21

Aug 6, 2021
You can read more here
Prepare for the citizenship test and interview

With IRCC you literally never know what they will do lol but basically, anyone who is 18-54 can be called In for an interview, and they will ask you anything most likey random questions to see if you understand and can speak EN or FR, they might just have a random conversation with you. and then send you on your way. nothing to be worried about for sure.

Good Luck
Thank you so much. I got worried because basically everyone I know didn't have an interview.

Reactions: RefugeeHelp1

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hi Onkar112,
I see that you've been "Requested to Submit Scanned Copy of all pages of Passport" right after the test. Have you been invited for an interview as well? I've passed the test in July but received the request for the scans and the interview today. Everyone I know went from the test to the ceremony straight, no interviews.
An interview doesn't necessarily mean your application has issues. In most cases interviews just are just document checks.

Reactions: Aurora21

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
Hi Onkar112,
yes, i received notice to appear for an online interview 2 wks ago. my interview is tomorrow

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
The officer in my interview was very nice. Just checked my ID and asked me about what I do. Asked me abt visits to US (briefly).
The interview lasted 3 mins. Officer told me that she'll approve my application and the next step is oath.

I was told to expect an oath invite in 4-8 wks. Waiting game now

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018
The officer in my interview was very nice. Just checked my ID and asked me about what I do. Asked me abt visits to US (briefly).
The interview lasted 3 mins. Officer told me that she'll approve my application and the next step is oath.

I was told to expect an oath invite in 4-8 wks. Waiting game now
Easy huh?