+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship For A New Born Baby if gave birth in Dubai(UAE)

zultv123

Mar 21, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,
My sister who is a Canadian Citizen lives in Dubai(uae) and his husband is on workpermit in Dubai(uae) as he is from india and holdindg indian passport he is not a permanent resident of Canada.
My sister is expecting a baby soon and we are wandering if she can give birth and if the baby will get the Canadian citizenship whilst in Dubai or she has to come to Canada to give birth?
As his husband is from India and Indian passport does not allow to have dual citizenship so will that matter as he is not a Canadian citizen neither PR if wife gives birth in Dubai(UAE).

Thanking you in Advance,
With Best Regards

Ash

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
zultv123 said:
Dear Sir/Madam,
My sister who is a Canadian Citizen lives in Dubai(uae) and his husband is on workpermit in Dubai(uae) as he is from india and holdindg indian passport he is not a permanent resident of Canada.
My sister is expecting a baby soon and we are wandering if she can give birth and if the baby will get the Canadian citizenship whilst in Dubai or she has to come to Canada to give birth?
As his husband is from India and Indian passport does not allow to have dual citizenship so will that matter as he is not a Canadian citizen neither PR if wife gives birth in Dubai(UAE).

Thanking you in Advance,
With Best Regards

Ash
Given that your sister is a citizen by birth, her baby will automatically be a citizen of Canada, regardless of where the baby is born.

zultv123

Mar 21, 2012
Thanks,,,but what about the father as he is neither a PR or Canadian Citizen...would that be a problem?

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
zultv123 said:
Thanks,,,but what about the father as he is neither a PR or Canadian Citizen...would that be a problem?
Not a problem. If one parent is Canadian by birth or naturalization, the child will be Canadian no matter what.

zultv123

Mar 21, 2012
Thank you so much for all you input.
I have a friend who is in similar situation the difference is that she is a Canadian Citizinen but she was a permanent resident before and she
became Canadian Citizen last 5 years back would that be the same thing baby would be automatically Canadian Citizen?

zultv123

Mar 21, 2012
I guess one of the post says Canadian Citizen by birth or naturalization ...that answers my previous question.

Thank You Everyone for your Input.

Best Regards,
Ash

zultv123

Mar 21, 2012
Hi there,
Just wanted to confirm about my friends situation where she is Naturalized Canadian Citizen and also similarly his husband holds indian passport and working in Dubai (uae) then the new born baby will automatically be a canadian citizen?
and what about the father no problems?and also he can apply for a PR later in a year or so?
Thanks Again

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If one parent is a Canadian citizen by birth or by naturalization, the baby gets Canadian citizenship regardless of what the other parent is.

The husband can apply for PR if he qualifies or if the wife will sponsor him. Having a Canadian baby has nothing to do with applying for PR.