+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application before time

willowdaler

Jun 11, 2009
I recently applied for Citizenship with less than 1095 days though I did so hoping I could make a case for a couple of long absences in early part of my PR status.

My problem is that when coming and going from Canada, all the entries have not been stamped in my passport. I was travelling to my home country and to UK (where I am registered for Fast-Track entry) so some trips were entirely "stamp-less" both in Canada and abroad.
I am reasonably sure of my dates being correct from personal diaries etc, but I don't want to be accused of lying when I go for my interview. Is there any way I can get an accurate record from CIC, do they keep scans of each entry or something?
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

willowdaler said:
I recently applied for Citizenship with less than 1095 days though I did so hoping I could make a case for a couple of long absences in early part of my PR status.

My problem is that when coming and going from Canada, all the entries have not been stamped in my passport. I was travelling to my home country and to UK (where I am registered for Fast-Track entry) so some trips were entirely "stamp-less" both in Canada and abroad.
I am reasonably sure of my dates being correct from personal diaries etc, but I don't want to be accused of lying when I go for my interview. Is there any way I can get an accurate record from CIC, do they keep scans of each entry or something?
Thanks
Not a smart move. You will probably receive a Residency Questionnaire and it will probably lead to a hearing with the judge, which will delay your application for a year. CIC won't give you are record, even if they have are able to get it. If you apply to CBSA, they will claim that they don't maintain the records.

PMM

willowdaler

Jun 11, 2009
Thanks PMM. Does it make more sense for me to write in and tell them the issue and withdraw the application then?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

willowdaler said:
Thanks PMM. Does it make more sense for me to write in and tell them the issue and withdraw the application then?
I would, and reapply when you can demonstrate that you have 3 years physical residency, it will probably save time. But at the end of the day it is your decision.

PMM

willowdaler

Jun 11, 2009
Thanks PMM. I am likely to withdraw. My only concern is whether withdrawing might look bad (i.e. I was trying to hide something) in future when I apply with the correct days?

Though I suppose an assessor at that time will know I did it for the right reasons.

Regards and thanks again.

amerhi

Aug 6, 2009
dear willow daler
I please , could you tell me what had happened, did you withdraw you application or you let it through. because I am in the same situation, please tell me what happened.
I am in a dellima whether I should withdraw my file or not. but the only difference from you is when my PR expired and appleid for a renwel they asked to see me and to bring with me all neccessary documents to prove my existance in Canada, and to my surprise after one week I got a letter from the PR people saying I have met the residency requirments, so I was happy, but just a week ago I got a questionair from citizenship asking to fill it out and accompany some proof of my stay in Canada. but isn't the the letter from the PR people enough to show them, I don't get it I am confused.
Please PMM what do you think

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amerhi :

The residency requirements for PR are not the same as for the citizenship application. For PR you only have to stay in Canada 730 days in a 5 year period. To apply for citizenship, you need to have stayed 1095 days in a 4 year period.

It is also possible that the letter you sent for PR requirements was not in the system yet when the citizenship department sent you their letter asking for the same information.