+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application: 2 pieces of ID's

ramlal

Jun 16, 2016
About the requirement for providing photocopy of two (2) pieces of personal identification (point 6 in the document checklist), do you guys have any suggestions about what these ID's could be? I am from a province where both the driver's license and the health card are now combined into one. So I only have one ID beside my passport and PR card, the photocopies of which need to provided as part of other compulsory requirements (points 3 and 5 in the document checklist) with the application. Thus I am not sure what I can include to fulfill point 6 in the document checklist.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
4. Two (2) pieces of personal identification
Both pieces of identification should show your name and date of birth, one of which must have your photo on it.

Examples include:

• a Canadian driver’s licence
  • a Canadian health insurance card
  • a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document, etc.
If there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.

Reactions: ramlal

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Health Card is not ID and you should only show as last resort when u have no other ID for local police incase u get stoped.

poseidon87

Aug 18, 2017
Health Card is not ID and you should only show as last resort when u have no other ID for local police incase u get stoped.
Healthcard is a GREAT piece of ID. Healthcard for people under work-visa usually don't have a photo. For PRs and citizens healthcards have photos, hence it is a government issued photo ID. In fact, it is better than a foreign driver's license for most cases.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Healthcard is a GREAT piece of ID. Healthcard for people under work-visa usually don't have a photo. For PRs and citizens healthcards have photos, hence it is a government issued photo ID. In fact, it is better than a foreign driver's license for most cases.
My albetya health card has no photos

poseidon87

Aug 18, 2017
About the requirement for providing photocopy of two (2) pieces of personal identification (point 6 in the document checklist), do you guys have any suggestions about what these ID's could be? I am from a province where both the driver's license and the health card are now combined into one. So I only have one ID beside my passport and PR card, the photocopies of which need to provided as part of other compulsory requirements (points 3 and 5 in the document checklist) with the application. Thus I am not sure what I can include to fulfill point 6 in the document checklist.
I do have two different cards (healthcard+driver's license), but I was concern about this as well. I am certain that in my PR application, I had to provide two government issued IDs. My foreign driver's license and passport "double dipped" on this requirement. That's why I asked in the FAQ thread as well

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why are people second guessing here? The above quote is frkm the IRCC application guide. It clearly states that a Canadian healthcare and driving licence are both valid pieces of ID.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on the province. In Ontario, a health card cannot be used as a piece of identification. In Quebec, a person cannot ask for a health card as ID, but you may provide it (notice the difference).

Each province has its own rules.
As stated above, IRCC have specifically said a Canadian healthcare is sufficient for ID. Provincial rules don't apply - all that matters is that the document meets the criteria set out by IRCC.

iunno

Apr 5, 2012
As stated above, IRCC have specifically said a Canadian healthcare is sufficient for ID. Provincial rules don't apply - all that matters is that the document meets the criteria set out by IRCC.
Yup -- just deleted my previous comment.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Why wouldn't you just send your newest valid healthcard?
Just because the old health card has a picture.

The new one doesnt have any photos.

I already meet two of the other requirements so i guess this doesnt matter?

Ill send my current health card

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
my sister who works for service ontario which issue health card told me to never show health card to private sectors like banks or credit firms like equifax, if the card info is stolen and some drug dealer gets controlled drugs like oxycontin repeatedly without your knowledge expect police visit and arrest which u have to proof u r innocent.

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Depends on which province you reside. Alberta's health card has neither photo nor expiry on it

Last edited: