Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
For the form IMM5285e The spouse questionnaire question 1.....what do they mean by the "circumstances" surrounding our first meet? Do I just describe everything that happened the day I met my husband? ???

MadeInCanada

Oct 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
missboon said:
For the form IMM5285e The spouse questionnaire question 1.....what do they mean by the "circumstances" surrounding our first meet? Do I just describe everything that happened the day I met my husband? ???
The situation in general. Basically, how you met. For example you met online then decided to meet in person. Tell where when who what ect. of that first meeting.

Take Care
MadeInCanada

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Thanks guys! I just didn't want give too many details like how I remember getting sick from the plane ride :-\ and then got even more sick when I had McDonalds and realized they put mustard on their burgers out here ??? :eek: lmao :p

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
Is it too much to write about how they gave me a hard time when we first met each other because it was my first time in Canada and it was our first time meeting....or do I leave that part out?

Thanks! ;D

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
missboon said:
Is it too much to write about how they gave me a hard time when we first met each other because it was my first time in Canada and it was our first time meeting....or do I leave that part out?

Thanks! ;D
Who is 'they'? who gave you a hard time?

Need more details to comment!

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
so-impatient said:
Who is 'they'? who gave you a hard time?

Need more details to comment!
I was sent to immigration the first time I was here...because it was my first time here, meeting my boyfriend for the first time in person and also they (immigration) wanted to make sure that my now husband was who he said he was (which he was :p) they (immigration officers) said it was just a safety concern. So should I skip writing that and how I was sick when I arrived here? Im just wondering because I don't want to put too much or too little information...

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
missboon said:
I was sent to immigration the first time I was here...because it was my first time here, meeting my boyfriend for the first time in person and also they (immigration) wanted to make sure that my now husband was who he said he was (which he was :p) they (immigration officers) said it was just a safety concern. So should I skip writing that and how I was sick when I arrived here? Im just wondering because I don't want to put too much or too little information...
I would skip both those bits personally. They care about your relationship being genuine and not for convenience and so you have to prove that for example, the first time you met he picked you up at the airport and his identity was confirmed by immigration, he got you some gifts, where did you stay, what did you do, did you meet his family, how did your relationship develop. Then you put in pics,receipts and anything to prove these events.

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
so-impatient said:
I would skip both those bits personally. They care about your relationship being genuine and not for convenience and so you have to prove that for example, the first time you met he picked you up at the airport and his identity was confirmed by immigration, he got you some gifts, where did you stay, what did you do, did you meet his family, how did your relationship develop. Then you put in pics,receipts and anything to prove these events.
I truly remember the first time I saw my husband and what he was wearing, etc <3 Is that too much detail? I'm sorry for all the questions I just don't want to mess this up by not writing something I should've :-[

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
missboon said:
I truly remember the first time I saw my husband and what he was wearing, etc <3 Is that too much detail? I'm sorry for all the questions I just don't want to mess this up by not writing something I should've :-[
Well... if what he was wearing has some importance to the story like "He was wearing a shirt from the 2006 Cannes Film Festival, which was interesting because I was also at that festival. I asked him if he actually attended that year and he says he goes every year and so do I! That is when I knew there might be something special here..."

If you are just going to say he was wearing a button down shirt and grey khakis with no other relevance then you can probably skip it. You don't want to bury the case officer with an overload of information.

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
keesio said:
Well... if what he was wearing has some importance to the story like "He was wearing a shirt from the 2006 Cannes Film Festival, which was interesting because I was also at that festival. I asked him if he actually attended that year and he says he goes every year and so do I! That is when I knew there might be something special here..."

If you are just going to say he was wearing a button down shirt and grey khakis with no other relevance then you can probably skip it. You don't want to bury the case officer with an overload of information.
Unfortunately he was not wearing anything special ..except a smile :D ....Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated!

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
missboon said:
Unfortunately he was not wearing anything special ..except a smile :D ....Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated!
Think from an immigration officers point of view.

So saying during our first date we started into eachothers eyes as my heart fluttered.

You say we went out on many dates, out first was at blah blah ( see pic/receipt) and that became our favourite place and we went numerous times and I celebrated my birthday there with him (see pics)

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
so-impatient said:
Think from an immigration officers point of view.

So saying during our first date we started into eachothers eyes as my heart fluttered.

You say we went out on many dates, out first was at blah blah ( see pic/receipt) and that became our favourite place and we went numerous times and I celebrated my birthday there with him (see pics)
That's a great example! I met his parents the second day I was here but I didn't take pictures with them...I do have pictures of me and him from our first meet. Every couple has there favorite eating place but I have no pics for that either.....and who takes pictures when they are going to the movies? :p

For the question about was your relationship known to close family and friends and when did they meet...They never met him in person** due to circumstances on my side...which I know is gonna make us look bad but do I also put down if the relationship is known to his close friends and family or just mine? :-\

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
Just explain if the relationship was known by family or friends. If they never met in person, that is exactly what you have to explain. Why didn't they meet in person? Explain the circumstances. Also, if they met him on skype I would consider that a first meeting. In my case neither my husband has met my family in person nor I met his, however, we explained the circumstances in detail. Since your husband hasn't met your family in person, explain other ways that he has had the opportunity to get to know them. Did your husband meet them on skype? talk on the phone? If so you can explain that. In my case, I met my husbands family on skype, so I explained that to be the first meeting and also added screen shots of our video calls.

I hope this helps... let me know if you have any other questions. Your case seems similar to mine :)

missboon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
noshi11 said:
Just explain if the relationship was known by family or friends. If they never met in person, that is exactly what you have to explain. Why didn't they meet in person? Explain the circumstances. Also, if they met him on skype I would consider that a first meeting. In my case neither my husband has met my family in person nor I met his, however, we explained the circumstances in detail. Since your husband hasn't met your family in person, explain other ways that he has had the opportunity to get to know them. Did your husband meet them on skype? talk on the phone? If so you can explain that. In my case, I met my husbands family on skype, so I explained that to be the first meeting and also added screen shots of our video calls.

I hope this helps... let me know if you have any other questions. Your case seems similar to mine :)
Well the circumstances really were just that this is what we both preferred. I preferred to keep coming here to visit him versus him coming to the states esp because he's self employed. Would this be an acceptable answer to them? :-\ I'm not sure how else to explain it lol