+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIPS or APEGS

Jun 17, 2023
Hello Guys,
I have Master's Degree in Electronics and communication and have 6 years of experience as software developer.
I am planning to apply for SINP with noc 21232 and i am required to provide certification for CIPS or APEGS as mentioned in requirement.

so which one will be better so my application is not rejected? or should i change noc ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Guys,
I have Master's Degree in Electronics and communication and have 6 years of experience as software developer.
I am planning to apply for SINP with noc 21232 and i am required to provide certification for CIPS or APEGS as mentioned in requirement.

so which one will be better so my application is not rejected? or should i change noc ?
NOC 21232 is CIPS as per the SINP chart. You match your job responsibilities to the NOC, so you cannot just change it.

Jun 17, 2023
NOC 21232 is CIPS as per the SINP chart. You match your job responsibilities to the NOC, so you cannot just change it.
Thanks for response.
Now that's the issue as my job responsibilities only match with 21230 and 21232 but they are mostly related to computer science or IT but i have degree in EC. so what can i do in this scenario, apply with noc 21232 and present APEGS certification ?
please note i have decided noc 21232 but i am confused about valid certification. as cips is for computer science or IT.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for response.
Now that's the issue as my job responsibilities only match with 21230 and 21232 but they are mostly related to computer science or IT but i have degree in EC. so what can i do in this scenario, apply with noc 21232 and present APEGS certification ?
please note i have decided noc 21232 but i am confused about valid certification. as cips is for computer science or IT.
Select the one that matches your NOC at about 70%. NOC 21232 is CIPS as per the chart not APEGS. So look at CIPS certification.

vinesta09

Jul 20, 2023
Please I'm new here.
Can anyone advice if licence is required for NOC 92100- POWER ENGINEER AND POWER SYSTEM OPERATOR as part of SINP application.

vinesta09

Jul 20, 2023
NOCs that require licensing is on the SINP website.
Thanks for your response.
I just checked and discovered it is not part of the list of NOC's requiring licensing. However, when i was applying to SINP i indicated that my Profession requires a license and that i have initiated the process with APEGS. Hope this does not affect in any way.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response.
I just checked and discovered it is not part of the list of NOC's requiring licensing. However, when i was applying to SINP i indicated that my Profession requires a license and that i have initiated the process with APEGS. Hope this does not affect in any way.
No it will not. Congrats.