21-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
15-12-2014
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. My application pack was received on April 2nd. I only received an email about the receipt around last week and was able to start checking my status online. It was first Application Received for both Sponsorship and PR application. Then the next I check, it turned into "Decision Made" for sponsorship and "Application Received" for PR application. I see that a lot of you have an AOR date and a file transfer date. When and how did you get that information? If it doesn't say file transferred under the PR application status, does that mean my sponsorship has been declined?

Thank you so much for your help!!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
wow! the fact you are able to view that information on ECAS before receiving your AOR and SA is incredible. i'm guessing you already had a UCI or account previous to applying for PR? Most likely the sponsor will be receiving an email with AOR and SA if they haven't already. That is the trend of how the decisions have been sent out. There could be the slightest chance it will actually come in the mail too, as CIC likes to keep people on their toes.

I believe what this means is that SA has been approved, and the applicant's application is considered complete. I don't believe ECAS will say the application has been transferred, it will remain "application received" for some time until it starts processing. There could be months and months before that status is changed, if it ever is. The SA letter you receive will acknowledge what visa office it gets transferred to. Some visa offices will send another AOR when it's received, and some won't.

xg0812

Star Member
May 27, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2014
Doc's Request.
18-07-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
15-12-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
wow! the fact you are able to view that information on ECAS before receiving your AOR and SA is incredible. i'm guessing you already had a UCI or account previous to applying for PR? Most likely the sponsor will be receiving an email with AOR and SA if they haven't already. That is the trend of how the decisions have been sent out. There could be the slightest chance it will actually come in the mail too, as CIC likes to keep people on their toes.

I believe what this means is that SA has been approved, and the applicant's application is considered complete. I don't believe ECAS will say the application has been transferred, it will remain "application received" for some time until it starts processing. There could be months and months before that status is changed, if it ever is. The SA letter you receive will acknowledge what visa office it gets transferred to. Some visa offices will send another AOR when it's received, and some won't.

Thank you so much! sorry if I'm being a noob but I've always wanted to ask, what does SA stand for exactly? I am the sponsor but I haven't received any email except the one that gave me my UCI...and I haven't had an UCI or an account before this one...It says the mail was sent out on 23rd...considering Memorial Day, I'm hoping to get it soon..
Your reply just gave me tremendous comfort!!!I had been waiting in anxiety and afraid I would get declined for days...

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
xg0812 said:
Thank you so much! sorry if I'm being a noob but I've always wanted to ask, what does SA stand for exactly? I am the sponsor but I haven't received any email except the one that gave me my UCI...and I haven't had an UCI or an account before this one...It says the mail was sent out on 23rd...considering Memorial Day, I'm hoping to get it soon..
Your reply just gave me tremendous comfort!!!I had been waiting in anxiety and afraid I would get declined for days...
SA means sponsorship approval. Of course, i am making assumptions as to what your ecas means...though i can't imagine it would say application received if they don't intend to process it further, and it really takes a lot for a sponsor to be denied (as far as i can tell). the next thing that will show up in the applicant's side of the ecas is "medicals received". Don't forget to check your spam folder in case they sent it by email!

xg0812

Star Member
May 27, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2014
Doc's Request.
18-07-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
15-12-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
SA means sponsorship approval. Of course, i am making assumptions as to what your ecas means...though i can't imagine it would say application received if they don't intend to process it further, and it really takes a lot for a sponsor to be denied (as far as i can tell). the next thing that will show up in the applicant's side of the ecas is "medicals received". Don't forget to check your spam folder in case they sent it by email!
Thank you so much for your reply!
I used my college email and there was indeed some issues with the spam emails randomly not sent to my gmail account...that's why im checking three email boxes everyday now LOL
One quick last question...how did you get the timeline under your id in the left?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
xg0812 said:
Thank you so much for your reply!
I used my college email and there was indeed some issues with the spam emails randomly not sent to my gmail account...that's why im checking three email boxes everyday now LOL
One quick last question...how did you get the timeline under your id in the left?
click on your profile name, and there will be a box on the left for modifing your profile. i believe you have to post a specific number of times before you are able to change the info. i am not sure what that number is.

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
click on your profile name, and there will be a box on the left for modifing your profile. i believe you have to post a specific number of times before you are able to change the info. i am not sure what that number is.
10 posts is the magic number.

xg0812

Star Member
May 27, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2014
Doc's Request.
18-07-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
15-12-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
Ah!!Thanks a lot!!!You've been a super help!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
xg0812 said:
I only received an email about the receipt around last week

I see that a lot of you have an AOR date and a file transfer date. When and how did you get that information?
That email WAS your AOR, Acknowledgment of Receipt.

As for the file transfer date, it's a guess. Usually people just put the date that they received sponsor approval, though it can take up to a few weeks after that for CIC to actually mail it out and for it to arrive at the VO (Visa Office).

JessNess

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2014
AOR Received.
May 24, 2014
File Transfer...
May 29, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
January 28, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
July 31, 2014 COPR Received
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
Whoa, I was just able to log in only with my AOR received….lol….weird.

xg0812

Star Member
May 27, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2014
Doc's Request.
18-07-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
15-12-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
That email WAS your AOR, Acknowledgment of Receipt.

As for the file transfer date, it's a guess. Usually people just put the date that they received sponsor approval, though it can take up to a few weeks after that for CIC to actually mail it out and for it to arrive at the VO (Visa Office).
Ah I see...

xg0812

Star Member
May 27, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2014
Doc's Request.
18-07-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
15-12-2014
JessNess said:
Whoa, I was just able to log in only with my AOR received....lol....weird.

Yeah, apparently I logged in with my AOR as well...I'm worrying about the sponsorship might be declined ><

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
xg0812 said:
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. My application pack was received on April 2nd. I only received an email about the receipt around last week and was able to start checking my status online. It was first Application Received for both Sponsorship and PR application. Then the next I check, it turned into "Decision Made" for sponsorship and "Application Received" for PR application. I see that a lot of you have an AOR date and a file transfer date. When and how did you get that information? If it doesn't say file transferred under the PR application status, does that mean my sponsorship has been declined?

Thank you so much for your help!!
The email you say you received last week about the receipt, is your AOR (AOR means Acknowledgement of Receipt). The next step is you receive your SA (Sponsorship Approval), which can come as an email or in some cases with regular mail. So don't be worried that you got rejected just because it says "Decision Made" - some people (mostly when the sponsor resides in Canada) get their SA with regular mail, which can take up to a week. Also, make sure you check your spam folder in case the SA is sent to you via email.

On ECAS you will see "Decision Made" under the sponsor, once the sponsor is approved/rejected . On the applicant part you will see "We Received your application on...." Later on, you will get a second line saying "Medical results have been received" It is believed that when you see the line about medical results, it means your application reached the VO for processing.
Note: According to my file notes (GCMS) ECAS was updated to "Medical results have been received" one week after Vienna VO received my file.

ECAS is not always updated properly and there is little info you can get from there. It is advisable to order GCMS notes if you want to track the progress of your application. Some people order them every month. But wait for that a couple of months after SA, otherwise there won't be much to see.

xg0812

Star Member
May 27, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2014
Doc's Request.
18-07-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014
File Transfer...
30-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
15-12-2014
Avadava said:
The email you say you received last week about the receipt, is your AOR (AOR means Acknowledgement of Receipt). The next step is you receive your SA (Sponsorship Approval), which can come as an email or in some cases with regular mail. So don't be worried that you got rejected just because it says "Decision Made" - some people (mostly when the sponsor resides in Canada) get their SA with regular mail, which can take up to a week. Also, make sure you check your spam folder in case the SA is sent to you via email.

On ECAS you will see "Decision Made" under the sponsor, once the sponsor is approved/rejected . On the applicant part you will see "We Received your application on...." Later on, you will get a second line saying "Medical results have been received" It is believed that when you see the line about medical results, it means your application reached the VO for processing.
Note: According to my file notes (GCMS) ECAS was updated to "Medical results have been received" one week after Vienna VO received my file.

ECAS is not always updated properly and there is little info you can get from there. It is advisable to order GCMS notes if you want to track the progress of your application. Some people order them every month. But wait for that a couple of months after SA, otherwise there won't be much to see.

Thank you so much for all the information!!! I am actually able to see meds received now...so im really really hoping that it means i'm approved...

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
xg0812 said:
Thank you so much for all the information!!! I am actually able to see meds received now...so im really really hoping that it means i'm approved...
you can also try calling the call center. i've read they will tell the sponsor the status of the decision if they haven't received the letter yet. this could relieve some of the anxiety from waiting. Remember, any communication at this point is going to the SPONSOR, so mail or email will be to the sponsor, not the applicant.