+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC requested another background declaration form and additional family info.

ama25

May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
Today I received an email from CIC requesting another Background Declaration form and Additional Family info as well.

This is what the email says. In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office.

"Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration
form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Please don't leave any unexplained in the time between Sept 2006 and Sept 2016. Every month during this period must be accounted for. This must be received at this office 2017/04/02.
Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family
Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures This must be received at this office by 2017/04/0:

I have a couple of questions:

A-When I was in high school in 10th grade due to personal reasons I had to do that year over in a different school. When we sent our application last Sept 2016 on a separate page I explained why there was a gap after 9th grade and wrote all the details.

1-So, does CIC still consider this as a gap?

B-After I changed schools and graduated from high school I started learning French on my own from home and working part time. And a couple of years later was when the company I was working for sent some of its employees including me to take some courses. The thing is that there has to be several gaps since the courses were only for few weeks and years after I graduated from high school and also in different years. Another thing is that I was at the same time I was going to high school I was also studying English and taking other courses. So, it is impossible not to have gaps since it wasn't a consecutive things, if you know what I mean.

2-What do I do in this case?

C-In August of 2016 I received a call from CBSA and they told me I had to go to a meeting with them. When I got to the meeting we talked, etc and at the end they told me that they were gonna let me send my application and that afterwards I had to let them know and then they were gonna give me a exclusion order but I was entitled to a deferral of removal and once I got AIP they would leave me alone. Everything went down just that way, and when we sent our application in the question where you are asked if you have ever been order to leave Canada I checked NO because we sent our family sponsorship application in Sept and I never received the removal order until October or November. My question on this subject is:

3-Now that they asked me to resend the background declaration form. Should I check YES on this question? I mean they already know. And if I do can that affect my application?

4-Why do they want or need the additional family info form, I mean the information will be the same since nothing has changed. So, what is the point of that?

5-When they do your background check do they contact the schools or places you have worked for in your home country? How does that work?

6-What exactly is the reason CIC wants these application forms resent to them? I think we did everything as we were directed to by the guide..

Thank you in advance..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ama25 said:
A-When I was in high school in 10th grade due to personal reasons I had to do that year over in a different school. When we sent our application last Sept 2016 on a separate page I explained why there was a gap after 9th grade and wrote all the details.

1-So, does CIC still consider this as a gap?

B-After I changed schools and graduated from high school I started learning French on my own from home and working part time. And a couple of years later was when the company I was working for sent some of its employees including me to take some courses. The thing is that there has to be several gaps since the courses were only for few weeks and years after I graduated from high school and also in different years. Another thing is that I was at the same time I was going to high school I was also studying English and taking other courses. So, it is impossible not to have gaps since it wasn't a consecutive things, if you know what I mean.

2-What do I do in this case?

3-Now that they asked me to resend the background declaration form. Should I check YES on this question? I mean they already know. And if I do can that affect my application?

4-Why do they want or need the additional family info form, I mean the information will be the same since nothing has changed. So, what is the point of that?

5-When they do your background check do they contact the schools or places you have worked for in your home country? How does that work?

6-What exactly is the reason CIC wants these application forms resent to them? I think we did everything as we were directed to by the guide..
1 and 2. You can't leave gaps. It is very clear in the guide that you need to account for every month. I don't understand why you think it's impossible to not have gaps; just put what you were doing for every month - working, studying, travelling, unemployed etc. It's fairly basic...

3. Answer the question honestly. They already know anyways.

4. To verify the information you put the first time and make sure there are no changes.

5. No.

6. It sounds like you didn't follow the directions and filled out your Background Declaration incorrectly.

ama25

May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
Thank you for your answer. I have a last question. Since they want my original signature I'm assuming that I will have to print the docs, sign them and then scan them before I send them through Case Processing Inquiry. Am I right?

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
I had to redo my husband too
I just added a seperate letter explaining everything
I mailed his in.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ama25 said:
Thank you for your answer. I have a last question. Since they want my original signature I'm assuming that I will have to print the docs, sign them and then scan them before I send them through Case Processing Inquiry. Am I right?
Yes, you will need to mail them.