+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Request for Pay Stubs. Need Help!!!

qdann

Jun 18, 2015
Hi Friends,

I submitted my application in July 2014. I received email from CIC last week for pay stubs. I have a question here, hope you can help me.

My work permit expired on May 15th 2013. I applied open bridge work permit before it was expired. I worked during the period when I was waiting for the extension. However, I got refused on my extension and then I left Canada.
The last day of my work on my reference letter from my company and also the form i gave to CIC was May 15th, 2013, but actually I worked to July, 2013 when I got the refusal letter.
CIC request my pay stubs, and they will figure out that the date on reference letter and the form was not right.
What should I do? Please give me some advise.
Thanks

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Be honest, explain the situation, send a revised letter from your employer. There is not more that you can do. You legally worked until the refusal, because you were on implied status. Your employer simply forgot that and used the date of your last work permit he had on file. A simple copy/paste error so to speak. ;)

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
OhWow said:
Be honest, explain the situation, send a revised letter from your employer. There is not more that you can do. You legally worked until the refusal, because you were on implied status. Your employer simply forgot that and used the date of your last work permit he had on file. A simple copy/paste error so to speak. ;)
Second that. Also inform your employer about your situation, so incase if CIC cross verify your statement with employer, he give appropriate answer.