+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC replied

canad2010

Feb 12, 2009
Hi all
Thanks for help. I got the reply from CIC sydney.
I sent at Feb 6th. they it received Feb 11th. The letter date was 23rd of Feb.
I have a question:
For the translation of work contract. I translated at a professional company, but I don't know how to prove it is a certified translation??. We don't have the affidavit system in my country (Egypt). I am leaving now in Japan.
My best regards

omwalmah

Dec 30, 2008
SA
Why didn't you go to the ministry of foreign affairs. They are able to translate the documents and I think (but I'm not sure) they will be able to certify the translation.
Best wishes

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
S.A

Certified translation means , Notarized. Hopefully you know Notary Publics, Oath etc. Please read last part of this page and hopefully you will understand.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609E4.asp

Good luck

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omwalmah said:
SA
Why didn't you go to the ministry of foreign affairs.

I think CIC wont accept documents verified by ministry or they will accept, let see from any senior's comments.

They are able to translate the documents

Ministry wont do translations

and I think (but I'm not sure) they will be able to certify the translation.

Yes, they will do certify, but not sure if certification of Foriegn Ministry is accepted by CIC, by they way, they need simply certification of Notary publics, aoths etc.

Best wishes

k1940b

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
Certified translation means- a translation done by a translator certified by the Canadian Embassy. It does not have to be further notorised.There are several authorised translators in Middle East countries who are
authorised translators.