+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Online Services are down

neeraj.elex

Jan 2, 2014
Hi All,

From past few days, I am getting below error message when trying to submit Visitor VISA application online for my Parents.
I want to apply for visitor VISA for my Parents and I have application saved in my CIC account. As online services are down, I am not able to submit the application. Is someone aware of the issue and know the alternate way as how can I retrieve the application or if someone know when it will be up so that I can work on the same application ?

Our Online Services Are Currently Down
System-generated error code:XXXXXXXX

Sorry

This on-line service is currently not available.

Possible reasons::

1) We are currently updating this Web site.
2) We are experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

carobbermuda

Jan 5, 2014
I have been having the same problem since the last week of December. The deadline was December 31st for my son's reinstatement so now I am worried. And I am down to 21 days for my visa. I don't understand why I keep getting this exact same message as you. I am getting the feeling that something has triggered in our cache/cookies/something... because I'm sure that my CIC can't be down for this long.
Help please...:)
Thank you.

sshh13

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Hi!

Try to use another browser to log in. Some people wrote that they had those issues with google chrome, but in Internet explorer it worked fine.
Also you can try to clear cache and cookies of your browser with Ctrl+shift+delete (delete cookies and empty cache). Be aware that it will also clear you autosaved data (mostly password) - that means that you will have to re-login (to enter your password again) on the websites where you were logging in automatically.

Rabba

Aug 6, 2013
I have tried everything and can not get it to work.
There must be something else wrong.
:(

Helex

Apr 11, 2014
carobbermuda said:
I have been having the same problem since the last week of December. The deadline was December 31st for my son's reinstatement so now I am worried. And I am down to 21 days for my visa. I don't understand why I keep getting this exact same message as you. I am getting the feeling that something has triggered in our cache/cookies/something... because I'm sure that my CIC can't be down for this long.
Help please...:)
Thank you.
Dear Carobbermuda,

Could you please tell me how you managed with it finally.
I am having the same problem for three weeks already now.

Thank you.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Helex said:
Dear Carobbermuda,

Could you please tell me how you managed with it finally.
I am having the same problem for three weeks already now.

Thank you.
If you are having problems for 3 weeks - maybe clear you cookies or try a new browser - it works fine for me and I'm using google chrome

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Helex said:
And I have already tried all browers and even different PCs and devices...:(
Where are you from ?

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
I'm applying online. How to provide one file for one category.I have ten pics that I want to upload,should I form a WinZip folder? I mean do they accept it?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Helex said:
From Russia. Do you suppose it makes some difference?
I'm not quite sure - you might want to email or call CIC and inquire about your situation and see if there are alternative ways for you to apply for your parents.