+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Asking got transcripts

Coco055

Jul 19, 2019
I applied to extend my study permit a month ago, as I have gained admissions to a new school and wish to change my program.
I just received an update from CIC asking to provide my transcripts.
However, I am unable to provide the transcripts from my previous university due to an outstanding balance I am still clearing up.
Is this going to be an issue? What can I do?
Thanks

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I applied to extend my study permit a month ago, as I have gained admissions to a new school and wish to change my program.
However, I am unable to provide the transcripts from my previous university due to an outstanding balance I am still clearing up.
Thanks

Hi ,

When have you applied and when have you been requested to provide transcripts ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
IRCC wants to know whether you met the conditions of your study permit. You were supposed to be enrolled as a full-time student, and your transcripts will prove that you were.

If you can't provide the transcripts, they will probably cancel your study permit - does the letter you received use the words "Procedural Fairness" anywhere?

You will have to provide some form of documentation from your previous college that proves that you actually were enrolled as a student, and you attended your classes, passed exams, etc. If your college won't give you the transcripts, then maybe they can give you a letter or some other form of office document that tells IRCC what they need to hear.

maple007

Jan 18, 2019
IRCC wants to know whether you met the conditions of your study permit. You were supposed to be enrolled as a full-time student, and your transcripts will prove that you were.

If you can't provide the transcripts, they will probably cancel your study permit - does the letter you received use the words "Procedural Fairness" anywhere?

You will have to provide some form of documentation from your previous college that proves that you actually were enrolled as a student, and you attended your classes, passed exams, etc. If your college won't give you the transcripts, then maybe they can give you a letter or some other form of office document that tells IRCC what they need to hear.

Well the conditions say that you need to be enrolled and actively pursuing as a student .

Do you mean part time students aren’t allowed to change course/program ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Well the conditions say that you need to be enrolled and actively pursuing as a student .

Do you mean part time students aren’t allowed to change course/program ?
I misspoke when I said "full-time" in this context. Part-time students cannot work, but they can study under a study permit, and can change program.

However, a part-time student still has to show that s/he met the conditions of the permit - i.e they were enrolled and actively studying. Hence the transcript request.

Coco055

Jul 19, 2019

It’s doesn’t say procedural fairness anywhere, I will add that I have extended my study permit before. The reason I had to extend it the first time was because my passport was expiring and so the only gave me my permit for as long as my passport was valid

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
It’s doesn’t say procedural fairness anywhere, I will add that I have extended my study permit before. The reason I had to extend it the first time was because my passport was expiring and so the only gave me my permit for as long as my passport was valid
That's fine, and has nothing to do with this extension. You still need to comply with their request.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Thanks
June 4th. I was asked to provide transcripts today

June 4th. I was asked to provide transcripts today

When did you withdraw from that program ?

Could be CIC asking proof so they know your permit is still valid .

Since if you’ve stopped studying for 90 days , your permit tends to be invalid .

But if you’ve withdrawn , maybe it doesn’t apply.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I just don’t know how to prove that because of my outstanding balance there’s a hold on my student portal, so there’s not much I can do till the balance is cleared
Talk to enrolment and get letters from them .

If your online account is blocked .

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I just don’t know how to prove that because of my outstanding balance there’s a hold on my student portal, so there’s not much I can do till the balance is cleared
Maybe you can go talk to your school and see if they can help. You don't really have much choice; if you don't provide the transcripts, they will most probably cancel your study permit/not grant the extension.