+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Choosing a province: intent to live outside of Quebec

lindahe0707

Jan 11, 2021
Hello Guys,

I have applied for Permanent Residency in the Federal Skilled Workers. I studied in Quebec from 2017 to 2019 and then moved to the USA. Currently, I reside in California. Three days ago, I received a procedural fairness letter from the immigration office, asking me to provide written evidence and documentation that I intend to live outside Quebec.

I am preparing the documents and facing a dilemma. I found I only choose Ontario in the "Province and Territories of Interest" in my EE profile. I am wondering if I can now choose a province other than Ontario to show my intention of living, like Alberta.
I have two choices:
(1) My best friend is living and working in Alberta. We are also classmates. she has got PR. She gave me a referral to a position in her company last year and even said "She is living in the US but was definitely willing to relocate" in that email for me. But I did not get the job offer.
(2) My father's friend's daughter. She has got married and has been living in Toronto for many years. I haven't contacted her for three years but she can also give me a reference letter.

Emotionally I would like to choose Alberta as a "target province" and I can also provide the referral email as evidence, but then it would be a conflict between the province of interest in EE profile and my letter of intent to live. Will it be a serious problem? Guys, Please help and give your opinion! Thank you very much!

Regards,