+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

China PCC

MYam823

Oct 30, 2017
hi all, first of all, I wish all of you receive your PPR tomorrow!!! ;);)

So here is my question: i was born in china and lived there till 18 yo and 4 mths before moving to Singapore permanently and i converted to become a Singaporean in 2009. As some of my family still lives in china, I went to China on vacation for 1-2 weeks every year in the past 17 years and the total number of days staying in China should be more than 6 months. In this case, do i need to apply for china PCC? if yes, do i need to apply for 2x China PCCs, one for when i was holding a china passport before 2009 and another for holding singapore passport? Many thanks in advance!! Again, PPR tomorrow!!! =p...

ps. i submitted singapore PCC as requested by CIC 4 weeks ago and my status showed:The additional documents you provided are being reviewed, blablabla, and no changes since then. i believe it's still IP1 and could it be the china PCC that's delaying the process?

zwang

Aug 3, 2017
Yes, PCC from China is required. If it's apparent from your reported travel history that you have been in China for more than 6 months since you turned 18, and you have not included a PCC from China with your application, you risk having the application canceled anytime now.

PCC from China needs to indicate that they have no adverse record on you up to the date you were last in China. It doesn't matter whether it takes one or two PCCs. I am not sure how PCCs are issued in China for someone in your situation.

MYam823

Oct 30, 2017
thanks Zwang for your kind advice. In fact on my travel history, total number of days staying in china is less than 6 months (around 100 days); however when i add the 4 months in China after I turned 18 to it, it's more than 6 months. so i guess CIC is probably verifying it with singapore side to determine when was the first day I stepped foot in singapore and it is taking a long time.. :(:(

in addition, I did include a LOE stating that i can provide China PCC if it is required by CIC when i submitted my application. so do you have any idea if it may help if i upload the china PCC via CSE before CIC rejects my application? or should i wait for CIC to send me a message to ask for it? if they will..fingers crossed.

Many thanks, dear friends!

MYam823

Oct 30, 2017
hi all, my BGS just changed from IP1 to NA and they do not need additional documents. does it mean I have passed the PCC check? pls share your insights, thanks guys!

My timeline:
AOR: Sep 20th, 2017
Medical passed: Sep 27th, 2017
Additional docs submitted (Singapreo PCC): Oct 3rd
Background status: IP1 on Oct 3rd

--- ordered GCMS on Oct 27th and posted the above message on Oct 30th.

Then it changed to below on Nov 13th:
Review of addiional documents: we do not need additional documents.
Background status: NA

gurharry

Nov 22, 2018
Hey @MYam823, I would like to know your current status? since, i have similar situtation like you ...I have been visiting my aprents there in China, and alwaya had visa category "L" and "M" .. After inquiring some agents , who provide translation of PCC of china, I camr to know that China provides PCC only fOR resident/student visa.
Should I include this in Letter of Explanation ?