28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
Hello,

My wife and her biological daughter are going to come to Canada to live with me on a TRV, and while we are living together, we will apply for inland Sponsorship. How can we get the child permission to enter school? I am getting conflicting information. What I was told from a director of a school board was that if we submit proof that we have simply applied for permanent residence (Sponsorship), then all we would need is to get approved for a study permit.

Does that sound right or are we missing anything else?

She is 9.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you should apply study permit for her.
She is 9 so i do not know about her tuition ( if she need).

What I did for my study permit (for university)
Application
registration letter from a school.
financial support (your and her mother's bank balance,pay stub, a letter from you and her mom might help ( saying her mom pr is processing , you and her mom support her etc)
you could send proof of PR processing ( ex: sponsor approval letter )

you should contact CIC first though for more info.

hope it helps.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
alemoo said:
My wife and her biological daughter are going to come to Canada to live with me on a TRV, and while we are living together, we will apply for inland Sponsorship. How can we get the child permission to enter school? I am getting conflicting information. What I was told from a director of a school board was that if we submit proof that we have simply applied for permanent residence (Sponsorship), then all we would need is to get approved for a study permit.

Does that sound right or are we missing anything else?
Hi

I suggest you speak directly with enrollment, as many schools will enroll the stepchild of a Canadian citizen without a study permit, especially when a PR app is processing.