+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child born overseas

a_baig

Aug 30, 2009
Hello

I understand that a child of a Permanent Resident may stand a chance of rejection for TRV as he would be an intending Permanent Resident.
But in my case, i hold Canadian PR whereas my husband is an Indian citizen and i have never sponsored him to canada.
Based on the above grounds will the visa still be rejected ?

Further i would like to know

1.Do i have to be physically present in canada for sponsoring the child?

2.Can my lawyer/attorney file the sponsorship application on my behalf at the Case Processing Centre (CPC) Mississauga, Ontario, Canada?

3.Can i directly mail the sponsorship application to Canada (Case Processing Centre in Mississauga – CPC-M) from india ? (i am currently residing in india for delivery)

I appreciate your help in this regard.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intending to become a PR is, by itself, not grounds for refusal. Only if they expect you to overstay or otherwise violate the terms of it would it be grounds for refusal. That being said, sometimes this is a tough sell. Your situation (already a PR with a child) may be easier, but I don't know for sure.

1. Since you are a PR, yes. Only Canadian citizens can sponsor from abroad.
2. They can mail it for you, but you still have to sign and be responsible for everything the same way you would have to without a representative.
3. Yes, but you would have to be in Canada to sponsor anyway...

Best of luck!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try but they can deny. Your husband might be denied a TRV too. The important thing for a TRV is to prove that the baby and husband (if he's coming to) will leave at the end of their visit. If you can't get a TRV for the baby, you can try for a TRP. Some people in this situation have been granted that.

1. Yes
2. Yes but see 1., you still have to be residing in Canada whether you are using a lawyer or not.
3. Yes, you can mail it from India but then they will look at the postage stamp, see that you are not residing in Canada as you should be when you are a PR who is sponsoring so in that case, they will refuse your application.