+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chemisty Postdoc in Canadian University Noc 2112 !!

GSS31

Nov 20, 2014
Hi Everyone,

If someone can help me out regarding CEC application. I am a postdoc in chemistry in Canadian university, I already sent my application in November 2014 and received by the Nova Scotia VO on 5th Nov 2014.

I choose NOC 2112 for my application as I am organic and organometallic chemist and my duties are matches also. I am employed or staff of university and I getting T4 slip too. Below is the duties mention in my letter by professor.

I performed following duties in my research group:-
• Analyze, synthesize, purify, modify and characterize organic, Inorganic and organometallic compounds e.g. Proton and Carbon NMR, HPLC etc.
• Develop and conduct programs of analysis to ensure purity of chemical intermediates and final products e.g. Mass spectroscopy, Elemental analysis.
• Conduct programs of sample and data collection and analysis to identify chemical structure of compounds e.g. X-ray structure.
• Conduct research to discover, develop, refine and evaluate new products such as those used in polymer industries and other applications of chemistry.
• Conduct fundamental and applied research into the synthesis and properties of chemical compounds and the mechanisms of chemical reactions.
• Participate in interdisciplinary research and development projects working with other chemistry professor and geologists.
• Supervise other chemists, Graduate students (Master’s and PhD’s), chemical technicians and technologists.
• Conducts literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications.
• Compiling research results and assists professors in the analysis of results and the preparation of journal articles or papers.

So My question to everyone is, do I need choose NOC 4011 as my work permit says I am postdoctoral fellow or 2112 Chemist as my duties in the university are ?

My few other questions are:-
- my wife did not have DOB certificate because in india no one have DOB certificate earlier than 1990 instead I put School certificate and attested by notorized to prove her DOB.

- Other issue is my wife Educational documents have no surname but her passport have surname will effect to our application ? But what I was thinking that If I make a document from India or Canada from Notarized/ affidavits says that both name (with or with surname's are belong to same person...will it be ok ?

I am looking forward for a reply from someone.

Thanks

Warm Regards

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
GSS31 said:
Hi Everyone,

If someone can help me out regarding CEC application. I am a postdoc in chemistry in Canadian university, I already sent my application in November 2014 and received by the Nova Scotia VO on 5th Nov 2014.

I choose NOC 2112 for my application as I am organic and organometallic chemist and my duties are matches also. I am employed or staff of university and I getting T4 slip too. Below is the duties mention in my letter by professor.

• Analyze, synthesize, purify, modify and characterize organic, Inorganic and organometallic compounds e.g. Proton and Carbon NMR, HPLC etc.
• Develop and conduct programs of analysis to ensure purity of chemical intermediates and final products e.g. Mass spectroscopy, Elemental analysis.
• Conduct programs of sample and data collection and analysis to identify chemical structure of compounds e.g. X-ray structure.
• Conduct research to discover, develop, refine and evaluate new products such as those used in polymer industries and other applications of chemistry.
• Conduct fundamental and applied research into the synthesis and properties of chemical compounds and the mechanisms of chemical reactions.
• Participate in interdisciplinary research and development projects working with other chemistry professor and geologists.
• Supervise other chemists, Graduate students (Master's and PhD's), chemical technicians and technologists.
• Conducts literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications.
• Compiling research results and assists professors in the analysis of results and the preparation of journal articles or papers.

So My question to everyone is, do I need choose NOC 4011 as my work permit says I am postdoctoral fellow or 2112 Chemist as my duties in the university are ?
Choose 2112, but include a letter of explanation. That is, explain that you are a post-doc fellow but the job duties for NOC 4011 emphasize teaching, and you only do research (like most post-docs).

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next issue of the NOC codes...

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
However, NOC 2112 may require LMIA while postdoc fellows exempt from it. Can you choose this NOC code without LMIA?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
NOC codes do not specify requirements for work permits. There's no "LMIA" requirement specific to an NOC.

CIC asks you to identify an NOC that describes your job experience. That doesn't change his status as a post-doc.

GSS31

Nov 20, 2014
thanks jes_ON

I was thinking same and it is logical because I worked for same employer mentioned in my work permit but duties may chane according to employer need.

Chemist_Canada

Dec 17, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2014
Med's Request
14-06-2014
Passport Req..
13-11-2014
I applied as NOC 2112 and I got my PR recently although in my work permit mentioned as pathologist.

Don't worry. You are going in right track. All the best.

GSS31 said:
Hi Everyone,

• Supervise other chemists, Graduate students (Master's and PhD's), chemical technicians and technologists.

My few other questions are:-
- my wife did not have DOB certificate because in india no one have DOB certificate earlier than 1990 instead I put School certificate and attested by notorized to prove her DOB.

- Other issue is my wife Educational documents have no surname but her passport have surname will effect to our application ? But what I was thinking that If I make a document from India or Canada from Notarized/ affidavits says that both name (with or with surname's are belong to same person...will it be ok ?

I am looking forward for a reply from someone.

Thanks

Warm Regards