+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Checking Eligibility

RosBro

Dec 13, 2017
Good night,

Why is it that although you have the requisite language scores that on completion of the 'checking eligibility' they ask you questions that do not apply to your application for permanent residency outside of Canada and then tell you when you are finished that you do not seem eligible but continue to say that you can still apply come to Canada Wizard?

Please see the below which was copied from the Express Entry Website

"Express Entry
Based on your answers, you do not appear to be eligible for Express Entry

Other ways to immigrate
You can try the Come to Canada wizard, if you think you may be eligible under another federal immigration program.
If you are still interested in coming to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your eligibility and apply for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a higher level of education.
You may also consider applying directly to provinces and territories through the Provincial Nominee Program.

However, you can still complete an Express Entry profile.
To be accepted into the pool, you must first demonstrate that you meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry."

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Which questions do not apply?

RosBro

Dec 13, 2017
There is a question which asks about how many family members I have. Does it mean if I married and if so do I have any children?? I am not married nor do I have children. I have immediate family members who are citizens in Canada. It has no context in my estimation and if it does could you kindly explain it.

Next there is a question about having a skills trade. I would like to apply under the FSW hence having a trade does not apply to me.

These are two examples.

Thanks for responding so promptly. I do appreciate your efforts.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It may not have any relevance to your personal situation but it can make a difference for others.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
There is a question which asks about how many family members I have. Does it mean if I married and if so do I have any children?? I am not married nor do I have children. I have immediate family members who are citizens in Canada. It has no context in my estimation and if it does could you kindly explain it.

Next there is a question about having a skills trade. I would like to apply under the FSW hence having a trade does not apply to me.

These are two examples.

Thanks for responding so promptly. I do appreciate your efforts.
Agree with @delpiero.

Simply select the response that is applicable to you and mark whatever is not applicable N/A.

Your score is calculated on the basis of your responses.

The system cannot tailor itself for any one person as soon as they visit the page.

Specifically, explanations are provided under every question. So read everything carefully before you choose a response. You'll find your explanations right there.

For family size, it is explained what constitutes family. If you are single or never married, your family size is 1.

Depending on family size, your requirement of settlement funds is calculated.

If you want to claim points for a sibling in Canada, you will have to select a response that states you have a sibling who is already a PR or citizen (as applicable).

Certain fields like Spouse details etc only become available if you select that you are married. As a single applicant, you wouldn't see them at all.

The NOC that you eventually select in the Express Entry Profile will help them slot you into the FSW pool and not FST. Those details are added later.

All the factors cumulatively help you get points and make your chances of getting an invitation stronger or weaker depending on what your responses are.

They are relevant and not at all frivolous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indigrrl

RosBro

Dec 13, 2017
If I had studied in another country for over 3 yrs (i.e. I was a student only), would I require a Police certificate from that country? (the explanation on the site was a bit vague)

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
If I had studied in another country for over 3 yrs (i.e. I was a student only), would I require a Police certificate from that country? (the explanation on the site was a bit vague)
Yes, if you studied there after you turned 18, and were physically present in the country (i.e. not distance-education) then generally you will need a police certificate - it doesn't matter what your purpose was for being there. As long as you were there, cumulatively, for 6 months, at any point after turning 18, you generally need a police certificate.

pitico55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
PCC applies for ANY place where you've stayed for more than 6 months (cumulative) since the age of 18. No matter what was the purpose of the stay.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
I calculated my CRS and it came up to 322. Will I be wasting my time in going forward?
Create your EE profile and enter the pool after carefully entering your details. Re-attempt IELTS if you are not in the CLB-9 range yet. Consider PNP options as well. Good luck.

RosBro

Dec 13, 2017
I did the CELPIP
Listening - 10
Reading - 10
Writing - 8
Speaking - 9

I am not sure what CLB this would fall under.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I did the CELPIP
Listening - 10
Reading - 10
Writing - 8
Speaking - 9

I am not sure what CLB this would fall under.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/language-requirements/language-testing.html

CELPIP scores are aligned with CLB scores. Your scores are very good - you could possibly gain 3 more points but that's not going to help you very much.

Are you in Canada? Have you had your education credentials checked? (Not mandatory for CEC, but mandatory for points).

RosBro

Dec 13, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/language-requirements/language-testing.html

CELPIP scores are aligned with CLB scores. Your scores are very good - you could possibly gain 3 more points but that's not going to help you very much.

Are you in Canada? Have you had your education credentials checked? (Not mandatory for CEC, but mandatory for points).

Not in Canada but yes did WES assessment. They sent back that I had the equivalent of Canadian degrees: Masters/ BSc