+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Checking admissibility

GauriSingh

Sep 2, 2024
Hello,

I submitted my PR application in the first week of May 2024, based on my education and work experience in Canada over the past year. I did not include my spouse in the application because he is currently involved in a criminal case in India (It was a fight between friends where he was not directly involved but they involved his name as well). Although we have reached a compromise, we are unsure of how long it will take to resolve the issue. I have disclosed all relevant details about his situation to IRCC.

My concern is that we do not yet have his Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). Will this impact my PR application? He recently passed his medical exams in late July 2024. With four months having already passed and only one month remaining, could you provide any advice or reassurance?

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I submitted my PR application in the first week of May 2024, based on my education and work experience in Canada over the past year. I did not include my spouse in the application because he is currently involved in a criminal case in India (It was a fight between friends where he was not directly involved but they involved his name as well). Although we have reached a compromise, we are unsure of how long it will take to resolve the issue. I have disclosed all relevant details about his situation to IRCC.

My concern is that we do not yet have his Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). Will this impact my PR application? He recently passed his medical exams in late July 2024. With four months having already passed and only one month remaining, could you provide any advice or reassurance?

Thank you.
Yes, this impacts your PR application.

Your spouse needs to provide a PCC and be admissible to Canada in order for your application to be approved.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
so they can even reject on the basis of that if it will take time to provide them the PCC?
Sorry, I don't understand your question.

Your spouse needs to provide a PCC and needs to be admissible to Canada.

GauriSingh

Sep 2, 2024
I mean they can also reject my PR if the PCC OR if the case takes longer to get the PCC ? Because the processing time is 5 months

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I mean they can also reject my PR if the PCC OR if the case takes longer to get the PCC ? Because the processing time is 5 months
Yes. If he is inadmissable, you are too. Or if PCC is not submitted, your application is not processed or can be cancelled.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your spouse should be included in your application. Is he listed as non-accompanying? If not listed at all have you declared that you are married? If not on your application he wouldn’t be eligible to be sponsored by you in the future.

GauriSingh

Sep 2, 2024
Yes I have added him as non -accompanying and showed that I am married to him.

The only issue is that he is not able to get a clean PCC from India as of now.

GauriSingh

Sep 2, 2024
Do you think it would hamper my chances of getting a PR I have also applied for my work permit extension before submithe PR it is also under review from past 4 months