+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chartered Accountant Work Experience proof for IRCC

mohmmed11

Oct 12, 2021
Hi,
I have worked as paid articleship (Chartered Accountant) for 3 years. I completed my articleship in October 2020, but as it was COVID, we said that we don't want salary during the period of lockdown even though the salary was just $95 per month as we were students. I have the reference letter for the whole 3 years and I am concerned if IRCC requires me to submit the salary bank credits or not, if that's the case I don't have anything to show them for the period of lockdown (Jan 2020 to October 2020).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I have worked as paid articleship (Chartered Accountant) for 3 years. I completed my articleship in October 2020, but as it was COVID, we said that we don't want salary during the period of lockdown even though the salary was just $95 per month as we were students. I have the reference letter for the whole 3 years and I am concerned if IRCC requires me to submit the salary bank credits or not, if that's the case I don't have anything to show them for the period of lockdown (Jan 2020 to October 2020).
If it wasn’t paid it doesn‘t count. You job letter must state your annual salary too.

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;