+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chartered Accountant of India

kajal123

Jan 31, 2014
I am a qualified Chartered Accountant in India.
i want to be a qualified Chartered Accountants of Canada, fow which there is a MOU between ICAi and CICA.
according to this MOU i need to write UFE, for which i need to be present in Canada.

can anyone pls suggest how do i get in Canada to write exam?

through Study visa by enrolling with George Brown college, is a good option?

will it help me to stay back there forever?

pls do reply,
thanks.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ask you ICAI . They could know if it is possible and how.

Also be proactive. If you Google you could find this link and start from here
http://www.becomeacaincanada.ca/#how

kajal123

Jan 31, 2014
Hi,
Thank you for replying.

I understand dear, have already read the requirements, the thing is about visa, since i have to go and write exam so is it possible to write that exam on a tourist visa?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ask CICA how you could get a visa to write the exam. What kind of paper they are ready to issue to you (sort of permission to write an exam, official letter of enrollment to take a test, with a date of that test)? If you get such a letter from CICA you will attach it to your Visa application, and also write a SOP explaining why you need a CANADIAN designation if you live in India. And why not ACCA from UK, for example.

But be prepared that paper does not guarantee in any way that you will get visa.

Study visa by enrolling with George Brown college, is a good option?
Why do you need to go to a college to take CA exam? CICA told you that?

What kind of program at George Brown College are you talking about in terms of taking qualification CICA exam?

joginder

Feb 15, 2014
Hello,

I am FCA (Fellow Chartered Accountant) from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and
FCMA (Fellow Cost and Management Accountant) from Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of India

I have qualified both in 1995, hence 19 years post qualification experience with Fortune 100 companies in Dubai and India.
I am going to get PR card very soon.

Questions : 1. which exam should I appear so that I am eligible for jobs in Canada ?
2. what do I need to do for practise ?

is there any way to secure job before getting PR card in hand.

Requested to please guide me.

Thanks Jo

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Questions : 1. which exam should I appear so that I am eligible for jobs in Canada ?
You will be eligible for jobs right after you landed. However, it will not be any senior job, just staff accountant.
2. what do I need to do for practise ?
As soon as you lands apply for CPA. Ask them, they will tell you what you need to do for geting CPA ( take tax and law courses, take the finals). When you enroll into CPA you can then show your perspective employers that you are on your way to Canadian CPA. It raises your chances to get a job significantly. While you are preparing and taking exams you will work and gain necessary experience.
is there any way to secure job before getting PR card in hand.
No, alas.

cheema007

Apr 16, 2018
Hi,

I have a university degree(B.Com). and i am a qualified chartered accountant. I have practical experience gained in my articleship period of 3 years and no other practical experience. i want to know if my Chartered Accountancy degree and articleship training help me fetch some points in CRS system.