+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing work permit to visiting visa

Allison777

Oct 2, 2010
Hi

My fiance is here in canada on a working visa which will expire on Dec 15 of this year. We are apply for a visiting visa.

My question is how do we proove that we have applied for the visiting visa to his Employer???? Cuz when I spoke to immigration they said he is allowed to stay in canada until we get the answer back which will take approx 90 days.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Why do you need to prove that he applied for a change of status to his employer?

Allison777 said:
Hi

My fiance is here in canada on a working visa which will expire on Dec 15 of this year. We are apply for a visiting visa.

My question is how do we proove that we have applied for the visiting visa to his Employer???? Cuz when I spoke to immigration they said he is allowed to stay in canada until we get the answer back which will take approx 90 days.

Allison777

Oct 2, 2010
No, but he is here working for his uncles company, so we will need proof that we applied to extend his stay and changed his status to a visitor so he doesnt think we are screwing him over

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
He can't work on an extension of stay as a visitor. His WP expires on the 15th of Dec and since he did not or will not apply for extension of WP but rather a change of status, he won't be able to legally work for his employer, be he an uncle or not. Save copies of the application fee and the Canada Post receipt if you sent the application by Priority or registered mail. Else the copy of the receipt will have to do. Not enough proof but that's it. If you still have to send it, photocopy the whole thing plus the receipt and keep the proof of mailing too.

Allison777 said:
No, but he is here working for his uncles company, so we will need proof that we applied to extend his stay and changed his status to a visitor so he doesnt think we are screwing him over