+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing status from Student to Worker before Completion of Study

Feb 26, 2016
Hi Guys, I really need help regarding my situation.

I am on my post graduation work permit ( PGWP ) and I got married in Canada in March 2018 and by wife is in her 3rd Semester now and her Diploma will end in April 2019. Can I apply for my Wife's Work Permit based upon my PGWP.

We want to live together because now she lives 300km away from me and she will drop her studies in case she will get the Work Permit.

PLEASE GUYS DO REPLY, IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION. CAN WE DO THIS?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your wife would not be able to stop school before she receives a SOWP. Do you qualify? Are you working full-time in NOC 0, A and B and have 3 pay stubs? If she has to pay and complete this semester while she waits seems to be such a waste of time and money for her not to complete her diploma and do one more semester. Her completed diploma will also likely help her get into the Canadian job market.

Feb 26, 2016
I am working as a Software Developer at IBM and I have completed 5 months. Yeah she is willing to continue her school until she receives the Work Permit. She will only drop studies if she has work permit in her hands.

Can I try to apply for her work permit? and when we get that work permit, in case it is possible, she will leave her college before completion.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am working as a Software Developer at IBM and I have completed 5 months. Yeah she is willing to continue her school until she receives the Work Permit. She will only drop studies if she has work permit in her hands.

Can I try to apply for her work permit? and when we get that work permit, in case it is possible, she will leave her college before completion.
Yes, she can apply for a work permit.