+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing spousal application from INLAND to OUTLAND?

potatopanther

Dec 28, 2018
Hello everyone,

I submitted an inland spousal application back in Jan 2019 as my spouse was living with me in Canada. Due to some urgent and unforeseen circumstances, my spouse had to travel back home (outside of Canada) and will have to remain there for quite some time.

Does anyone know if there's any way to change or transfer an inland spousal application to an outland spousal application? I have tried emailing Immigration to ask about this and both times they replied with having to withdraw my inland application and reapply for an outland application. This is not ideal since I would have to start my application over from scratch, start at the beginning of the wait time, as well as repay some fees.

Does anyone have any advice or any experience with this? Thanks so much for any help anyone can offer.

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
I haven't heard of anyone doing it that way, unfortunately. If you don't withdraw it, it's likely that they'll cancel it due to your husband being outside of Canada for an extended period. In that case, I believe they treat it like a refusal and no fees get refunded, but if you withdraw and reapply, you can at least get a partial refund depending on what stage your application is on

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
What the others have said. You must withdraw the inland and start again as outland.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I submitted an inland spousal application back in Jan 2019 as my spouse was living with me in Canada. Due to some urgent and unforeseen circumstances, my spouse had to travel back home (outside of Canada) and will have to remain there for quite some time.

Does anyone know if there's any way to change or transfer an inland spousal application to an outland spousal application? I have tried emailing Immigration to ask about this and both times they replied with having to withdraw my inland application and reapply for an outland application. This is not ideal since I would have to start my application over from scratch, start at the beginning of the wait time, as well as repay some fees.

Does anyone have any advice or any experience with this? Thanks so much for any help anyone can offer.
The response you received from immigration is correct. You cannot switch. You have to withdraw the inland application and reapply outland from scratch. No other option.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello everyone,

You will lose all your fees for the application processing. You will have the RPRF refunded, if you pre-paid it.