+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing province before landing in canada

mahmoudswessi

Apr 22, 2014
Dears
Greeting
Is it possible to change The province to other province diffrent than the provinc stated on the application. before coming to canada , keep in mind that i have applied for trv and study permit and i Am still in my home country. And will i face any problem when landing in a diffrent province

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
mahmoudswessi said:
Dears
Greeting
Is it possible to change The province to other province diffrent than the provinc stated on the application. before coming to canada , keep in mind that i have applied for trv and study permit and i Am still in my home country. And will i face any problem when landing in a diffrent province
You can land anywhere in Canada.
Firstly they won't but still if someone ask you that why you are landing here, simple ask the question i.e my friend/family/someone is coming here to receive me or I wanna visit the country before starting my studies, etc...

If you want to change your institute which is in some other province then you must take care of few things:

Is there any restriction written in your Letter of Invitation which you received by CIC
If you were getting scholarship from the previous institute and not getting it from the new one then you must have the appropriate funds and their proof because at POE, they can check or ask about it.
Acceptance Letter from new Institute, etc...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mahmoudswessi said:
Thanx alot, im sponcered by my country.
You should note the following if you arrive on or after June 1st.

You must notify CIC via your MyCIC account when you are transferring from one designated learning institution to another, even if it is at the same level of study.

If you are thinking about changing your institution or your program, you need to ensure that you continue to meet the conditions of your study permit, as well as the conditions that allow you to work, should you wish to work during your studies.