+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Program from 1 yr PGCP to 2 Yr Program

Ranu

Dec 27, 2013
Hi,

I have a question for all the senior members or individuals who have successfully changed their program after arriving in Canada.

1. My current program is 1 yr PGCP, if I change to a 2 yr program ( Advanced Diploma) will it create any issues in getting my study permit extension.

2. If you have personally done this, are there any watch outs. I understand that I do not need to inform CIC and can apply for extension 30 days prior to its expiry.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ranu.

adi9771

Aug 4, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
14-02-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2013.
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013.
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
you can extend your study permit.
no problem in that... I did it few days back. so don't worry.

omi khan

Nov 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adi9771 said:
yes study permit can be extended but the question is "by changing the program from 1 year post graduate certificate to 2 year diploma, does this possible to get your 1 year study permit extended to 2 or more years of study permit?"

if any one enters canada for 1 year pg certificate he/she will be granted a 1 year study permit..but after reaching canada he/she changes the course from 1 year pg certificate to 2 year diploma and requires 2 years of study permit to complete the changed course..does this possible that he/she will get his study permit extended to 2 years??

bro u just told that u extend ur study permit but not answered the above mentioned query..as u dint told that u changed ur 1 year program to 2 year diploma and get ur study permit extended for 2 years..

if u could please elaborate a little more..thanks

Rahul24

Dec 24, 2013
adi9771 said:
so how does it look like is it a new page attached to your passport showing your total duration or as a page along with your old study permit just showing your extension. I am asking you this because I am also going to extend my study permit please help.