+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing NOC code in submitted Express Entry application (before ITA) led to status changing to "Profile Ineligible"

Pratiik

Apr 30, 2024
Hello !
I had submitted my application (score 466) and few days later I realized my work experience matches with another NOC code. So I logged back into the Express Entry application and it gave me a chance to update the NOC code so I thought why not (so as not to run into issues later). Turns out right after I did that I somehow lost all points (it shows 0 points now) and also the ability to make any changes anywhere in the application, and the application status says "Profile Ineligible". Is this normal? Do I just go ahead and submit a new application under the same profile ? Or do i need to make a new account ?
I have an additional question : Since my points are a bit low, I am looking to get the French exam points. Do you guys recommend I wait till I get my French exam scores to submit another application ? Or do I just submit it now and it can be added later on ? I am just a little spooked as making the change this time led to this ineligibility issue.

Thanks in advance!