+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing my position within the same employer while waiting for eCOPR

helloThere9

Nov 17, 2023
Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask.

I'm in the next situation.

3 weeks ago I received a portal 1 email from IRCC (VO Montreal) which I replied to the next day and have been waiting for portal 2 email since.

Now my current employer wants to promote me to a new position (Tech Lead instead of Software Developer).

My question is whether I can accept a new contract and title before I get eCOPR without notifying IRCC, etc.?

As far as I understand it shouldn't raise any questions from IRCC since all the needed checks are done and I'm simply waiting for eCOPR and PR card.

Thank you!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask.

I'm in the next situation.

3 weeks ago I received a portal 1 email from IRCC (VO Montreal) which I replied to the next day and have been waiting for portal 2 email since.

Now my current employer wants to promote me to a new position (Tech Lead instead of Software Developer).

My question is whether I can accept a new contract and title before I get eCOPR without notifying IRCC, etc.?

As far as I understand it shouldn't raise any questions from IRCC since all the needed checks are done and I'm simply waiting for eCOPR and PR card.

Thank you!
yes, you can change your position.

Reactions: helloThere9