+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing job

Kaonashi

Feb 11, 2008
Osaka, Japan
Hello again!
I am about to send all my application forms and my wife's to CIC, but before I do, I have one little question about jobs.
Not long after sending the application forms, I am planning to change job in Japan.
I was wondering if on the form where they ask me to give information about my current job and the other jobs i did in the past 5 years i should write down on top about my new job which i should start in march or april.
Is it going to bother them if i write a date in the future for example : from 01/04/2007 to 31/03/2008 job1 and from 01/04/2008 to ~ job2 ?
Or maybe i can just not mention about changing job at all?
Since i am sponsoring my wife, i think they dont really look too much at the work you are doing, right?

Thank you

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
I have a question about the job situation too...what happens if you are approved like i was and now i want to go and spend 90 days with my husband do i have to let immigration know that i will not be working at the same place within those 90 days??? even though i will be coming back to them..my employer understands my situation and that hopefully by those 90days my husband get approved and we will all come back, thankfully they are very understanding because i know some other places once you are gone for that long you lose your job...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Kaonashi said:
Hello again!
I am about to send all my application forms and my wife's to CIC, but before I do, I have one little question about jobs.
Not long after sending the application forms, I am planning to change job in Japan.
I was wondering if on the form where they ask me to give information about my current job and the other jobs i did in the past 5 years i should write down on top about my new job which i should start in march or april.
Is it going to bother them if i write a date in the future for example : from 01/04/2007 to 31/03/2008 job1 and from 01/04/2008 to ~ job2 ?
Or maybe i can just not mention about changing job at all?
Since i am sponsoring my wife, i think they dont really look too much at the work you are doing, right?

Thank you
You don't need to bother.

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

indimer04 said:
I have a question about the job situation too...what happens if you are approved like i was and now i want to go and spend 90 days with my husband do i have to let immigration know that i will not be working at the same place within those 90 days??? even though i will be coming back to them..my employer understands my situation and that hopefully by those 90days my husband get approved and we will all come back, thankfully they are very understanding because i know some other places once you are gone for that long you lose your job...
If you are a citizen, then no problem, but if you are a permanent resident and leaving for 90 days with a spousal application in process, be very careful, as CIC my decide that you are no longer residing in Canada.

PMM

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
[/quote]

If you are a citizen, then no problem, but if you are a permanent resident and leaving for 90 days with a spousal application in process, be very careful, as CIC my decide that you are no longer residing in Canada.

PMM
[/quote]

I was born in Venezuela but grew up here in Canada, my parents brought me here when i was about 1year old and i have been here ever since then. I am a Canadian Citizen for the longest time now. As always, thank you for the response.