+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing job while an SOWP application is ongoing

Sissy19971994

Oct 12, 2024
My husband is applying for a Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) under the Open Work Permit category for the International Mobility Program – Family members of foreign nationals authorized to work in low-skilled occupations (C47 and C48). I am currently working in Canada on a Working Holiday Visa. I am considering changing employers but would still be doing the same job (NOC and job dutie)s, just with a different employer. Can I just submit a new employment letter with the new employer ? I’ve been informed by a Facebook immigration group that if I change employers, we may need to cancel the ongoing SOWP application and resubmit everything from the beginning.

Upvote1Downvote0Go to comments

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My husband is applying for a Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) under the Open Work Permit category for the International Mobility Program – Family members of foreign nationals authorized to work in low-skilled occupations (C47 and C48). I am currently working in Canada on a Working Holiday Visa. I am considering changing employers but would still be doing the same job (NOC and job dutie)s, just with a different employer. Can I just submit a new employment letter with the new employer ? I’ve been informed by a Facebook immigration group that if I change employers, we may need to cancel the ongoing SOWP application and resubmit everything from the beginning.

Upvote1Downvote0Go to comments
Do you mean IEC? If so you can’t sponsor your spouse.
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=841&top=25