+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing countries during PR processing

sierra

Sep 1, 2010
Hello,

I have been reading this forum during my PR process, but this will be my first post.

My husband (Tunisian) and I (Canadian) submitted our PR application in March, outland. At the time we were living in Tunisia and about to start a work contract. I was approved as a sponsor in April and the application went to Paris May 14th.

Mid-march our company changed our contracts to Morocco, which is where we are now. I sent the information to the Paris office via their web site.

Since then we have no contact, but this is normal. As well, I think it will take longer to process my husbands application as he has live more than 6 months in 5 countries.

My stress is that we will now change our work location again in October and will accept 6 month contracts in Mexico. We need to keep working during the wait.

Will my husband be able to take an interview in Mexico? When should I inform the IO?
If- when - they request his passport he will be in a foreign country for (x) amount of time without his passport (and Mexican visa)?

Thank you in advance for any advice

-Sierra

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sierra said:
Hello,

I have been reading this forum during my PR process, but this will be my first post.

My husband (Tunisian) and I (Canadian) submitted our PR application in March, outland. At the time we were living in Tunisia and about to start a work contract. I was approved as a sponsor in April and the application went to Paris May 14th.

Mid-march our company changed our contracts to Morocco, which is where we are now. I sent the information to the Paris office via their web site.

Since then we have no contact, but this is normal. As well, I think it will take longer to process my husbands application as he has live more than 6 months in 5 countries.

My stress is that we will now change our work location again in October and will accept 6 month contracts in Mexico. We need to keep working during the wait.

Will my husband be able to take an interview in Mexico? When should I inform the IO?
If- when - they request his passport he will be in a foreign country for (x) amount of time without his passport (and Mexican visa)?

Thank you in advance for any advice

-Sierra
Nope, if their is an interview it will be arranged by Paris. Normally an officer in Tunis would do any required interview, but in your case, you spouse would probably have to either return to Tunisia or Paris

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sierra,

I'm not going to comment on PMM's post because his information is correct. I just want to offer some advise about what I think your next steps should be. First, get the Fiche Anthropometrique (Moroccan police clearance) for your husband. You may be able to do that at the local police station in your town/city or you might have to go to the Departement of Justice in Rabat where they do it for foreigners. It's done in the same day in Rabat. Send this to the visa office in Paris (by courier so you can track it) with a letter providing the address where you lived while working in Morocco, name of your employer as well as advising the VO of your impending move to Mexico to complete another 6 month contract. Provide the expected date of the move as well as any other pertinent information you might have (address in Mexico, employer, etc.). Hopefully there will be no interview for your husband and at most, you will get a passport request. Good luck.